PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Laurence Maroney Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
122 yards on 22 carries. Breaking tackles, slashing, pounding, juking tacklers, showing speed on the outside, catching the ball. Against a good run defense, Maroney put up almost twice as many yards as the much-vaunted two headed monster of Taylor and Jones-Drew. An awesome performance.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

And I think he's only going to get better.

Props to the offensive line, Kyle Brady (he made a huge difference), and Heath Evans as well.

Can we end the silly LoMo debate yet?

Wow I was going to make this same thread tonight.

Right on brother. Lo-Mo will be a Pro Bowler within the next 2 years.

i have a authentic Maroney jersey with his signature on it.... my favorite player right next to brady and moss!!

Never doubted him. There is no back I would rather have in the NFL. He's a happy kid who runs hard, tries to help the team any way he can, and has learned a lot in a complicated system since he got here.

It also feels like he's starting to become almost as big of a threat as Faulk as a checkdown receiver.

I never doubted his ability. I'm having a hard time remembering any Patriot RB who had his speed. He was sooooooooooo close to breaking a couple of runs against the Jaguars. Then, I'm watching the Cowboys game and I see Marion Barber run, he's a great powerful runner, he's no Laurence Maroney. Previously, posters here were drooling over Barber and willing to trade one for another. There is no comparison, two different styles, but I prefer the game breaker. Anyone watch the Indy game, how did Adai do? Maybe we've seen the last of the draft McFadden posts. It will be interesting to see how many times he runs against the Chargers, but regardless, he's a player that the opponents have to account for.

maroney rox -- and I'm not just saying that because he was on my fantasy team.........

Why won't the Haters post all those reasons he sucked before?:confused:

What's the matter, Haters? Get gun-shy?:bricks:
Maroney FTW!:rocker:

But he is made of glass, we MUST trade up and draft McFadden!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't know if Maroney could have had a better game than the one he played on Saturday. He showed great burst at the line, a second gear when he got to the outside, caught the ball really well (and made a nice move on the second catch to juke a defender and pick up the seven yards), and he plowed the pile on several runs. He is a speed back but can lower his head and get a good push. I always had faith in him, but if this is the back we'll be seeing much more of I will be extremely pleased. He had a ridiculously dynamic game.

hell ya, i got my authentic maroney jersey. i sported it at gillette last saturday and im doing the same this sunday :cool:

I was one of the haters before. Last week shut me up. I prefer a power runner to a speed guy, but he showed last week (and a few plays this season) that he can put his nose down and hit when he wants to. I've been converted.

Maroney had a good game, but he also seemed to have really good holes. I suspect this was because the Jags were in pass defense mode. It actually reminded me a lot of the runs of James and Addai when things are going well for Colts and the first contact is a few yards after the line.

Maroney and Addai are both very good backs, but used differently. Funny thing about Addai, he seems to have so many runs where he gets 6-8 yards, but then ends up with a modest number of total yards.

Looks like the Pats are using Maroney more in passing situations. This should confuse defenses more, because before, there were many times I seemed to be able to guess inside handoff with maroney in backfield in shotgun.

For the weekend, who had Grant, Barber, Maroney and the top 3 rushers in that order?

I think we should be grateful that people like National Sports Advisors have disappeared. No more "Maroney made of glass" threads.

Let's not call them back.

I'll admit, while I never HATED Maroney I did state I was disappointed. So I accept any and all egg given to me.

Just a point to make, Maroney had 122 yards on 22 carries. But I was rewatching the game and he had something like 120 yards on 17 carries at a 7 YPC average before we started running HB Dives up the middle with no gain simply to run out the clock.

However, that also does show how much faith BB has in Maroney's ball control that he would put in the 2nd year kid to handle the ball in a "no turnovers at any cost" scenario.

This thread needs more messages! Great job Maroney!!!!

But I was rewatching the game and he had something like 120 yards on 17 carries at a 7 YPC average before we started running HB Dives up the middle with no gain simply to run out the clock.

Hmmmm, let me think. Could it be because the whole world knew that the Pats were trying to run out the clock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents