PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

King likes Hobbs and Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs has almost shut down everyone he's put up against. The only times Coles got the ball last week was when Hobbs wasnt going up against him directly.

In the meantime, I've benched Brady for Rex Grossman in one of my leagues. Never thought I'd see the day. He just isn't producing points. 10 in week 1 and 7 last week. Pretty sorry.

Hope it turns around by mid season.

Gabriel was gone after his second drop. I want to see more of him and Chad. If we want to contend with the dolts and the bengals they have to come up big or our defense will need to have those shut down games.

Great. Not only is he jinxing the Pats, he has Portis listed as a top play? Just what my fantasy team needed, knowing the way King makes fantasy suggestions (Chris Simms? Mark Brunell?), Portis will go for negative points this week.

Richter said:
Great. Not only is he jinxing the Pats, he has Portis listed as a top play? Just what my fantasy team needed, knowing the way King makes fantasy suggestions (Chris Simms? Mark Brunell?), Portis will go for negative points this week.
H'mm Skins suck on ice...Texas team...yup, Portis may just have a tough game. :p

No offense to Peter King, I enjoy his MMQB, but aside from his press access to players and the NFL, I don't think his evaluation skills concerning NFL players or his ability to rate teams is any better than any of us sitting at home. He's a decent writer, but he's not an expert (look at his past writings).

fgssand said:
Hanging Chad Jackson will be awesome.
I'd shy away from this nickname, since it sounds like you're saying you can't wait for Jackson to be hanged.

Hok said:
I'd shy away from this nickname, since it sounds like you're saying you can't wait for Jackson to be hanged.

Huh? I immediately equated that with Florida and the 2000 elections. Don’t bring that garbage into the forum.

Last edited:
good lord the forum sucks today. when did this become a racism forum?

Wait I am so lost. How does that have anything to with race?

I'm not sure ask HOK. But I will edit my sarcasim to not further along the BS.

Last edited:
I read the Jason Whitlock thread and then stumbled onto this thread about "hanging" Chad Jackson.

But let's talk football.

Chad will get his 2nd TD of the year. You can take that to the bank.

edgecy said:
I read the Jason Whitlock thread and then stumbled onto this thread about "hanging" Chad Jackson.

But let's talk football.

Chad will get his 2nd TD of the year. You can take that to the bank.

I didn't read that thread I figured it was the same info that was in the Turd thread.

mgcolby said:
I didn't read that thread I figured it was the same info that was in the Turd thread.

Yeah I was referring to that thread.

edgecy said:
Yeah I was referring to that thread.

I just read the last couple of pages in the Turd thread, I hadn't looked at it today, I read most of it last night. I see what you are talking about.

Either way HOK's interpretation of that was way off base and just flat out wrong.

mgcolby said:
Huh? I immediately equated that with Florida and the 2000 elections. Don’t bring that garbage into the forum.
I get the reference, believe me. But the structure of your sentence, combined with the particular nickname, makes it seem like like something it's not.

No need to get emotional about it.

Hok said:
I get the reference, believe me. But the structure of your sentence, combined with the particular nickname, makes it seem like like something it's not.

No need to get emotional about it.

I agree. I had to read that 3 times before I thought about the election reference. Had "Hanging" been in quotation marks, I might have gotten the reference sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back