PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kentucky vs Louisville 9/15 potential battle of top 2 picks 08 draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Battle of the top 2 qb's in this year's draft according to most. Woodson from Kentucky. Haven't seen much of him. Brian Brohm from Louisville. 730p
sat nite on ESPN Classic. I'll probably watch the USC/Nebraska game at 8p and tape this. Qb's are usually drafted higher than they should be. Some lousy teams will need a qb like Atlanta/KC. Maybe even a couple of our AFC East bretheren. Buffalo and Miami could draft a qb in Rd. 1 next year.

Woodson is a talent with a decent arm and some serious moxy. He has a really good TE and a superb tiny WR to throw to.

Some may think he's like Couch or any of the Hawaii or Spurrier QBs, a product of the system, and I think there is some truth to that given that Woodson can't read defenses real well.

But if an Akili Smith can go #3 overall, then someone will overdraft Woodson.

I agree completely, my wish is that 10-12 QBs get drafted in round 1. It leaves more choice players for tha Patriots.

I had the clicker going like crazy last night. Kentucky/Louisville,Alabama/Arkansas and BC/Ga Tech. I wasn't very impressed with Woodson. Looked good not special. Had a nice td pass to win it for his team.But, he was helped tremendously by a strong running game. Brohm is still the better prosepect. Did anyone see Matt Ryan's td pass that made it 14-0? A thing of beauty. Darren McFadden is the best player in the country. 198 yrds. Led Arkansas back to a 38-34 lead after trailing 21-0. When Arkansas got the ball back with 4min left their coaching staff wouldn't put him back in. Thought he had a cramp near his hammy and didn't want to risk it. Arkansas couldn't run the clock out. Bama came back with the help fo a couple of iffy Pass Int. calls. Looks like there are going to be a lot of skill position players going early. Should enable us to get that cb or olb/de with San Fran's pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back