PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe says NO!

It's pretty obvious the yanks didn't want him back and offered him this lousy deal so that they could say he walked away we didn't let him go........i don't think it will fly in NY though

It always seemed odd to me that everyone ignored Torre's position in all of this. It can't be fun to manage that team and deal with the pressure from above.

5-8M is much more reasonable than his old contract. He would still have been the highest paid manager. The 1 year deal aspect of it was a joke, though. They obviously only wanted him back on their terms.

I'm thrilled as a Sox fan. Torre is an awful on-field manager but he deals with the egos of his players and bosses wonderfully. Things were never going to completely fall apart with him at the helm.

It's way past time that Torre told Steinbrenner where he can stick it.

Enjoy retirement, Joe.

It's way past time that Torre told Steinbrenner where he can stick it.

Enjoy retirement, Joe.

I've heard that he wants to continue managing.

Who will the Yankees pick up to replace him though?
Would Larussa in Pinstripes be a nightmare for Sox fans?

I've heard they're going after LaRussa and that Torre plans on still managing.

I love Francona, but wouldn't it be the biggest kick in the Yankees balls to bring Torre here. That would be too funny!

One of the names tossed out tonight was Bobby Valentine. LMAO, I would be doing cartwheels if the Yankees were that stupid. There's a reason that he holds the record for most losses by a manager.

Who will the Yankees pick up to replace him though?
Would Larussa in Pinstripes be a nightmare for Sox fans?

I'd be thrilled if LaRussa got the job. He's a narcissist who overmanages in order to prove his worth. We'll be seeing Cano bunting if LaRussa takes over.

He'd be constantly at war with the NY media. You can't control them with a heavy hand like the St. Louis media.

He also doesn't have the most sparkling track record. Last year's Cardinals are the only positive on his resume (and they only made the playoffs due to being in the worst division in baseball). He lead a listless 100+ win team to a world series sweep in '04. He only won one title with an A's team that was the best team in baseball for a few years (highlighted by losing to a much inferior Reds team in '90).

Sadly, it isn't going to happen. The NY brass is smart enough to realize LaRussa wouldn't work well in NY. Of course, Dusty Baker just got hired by a rebuilding team so anything can happen.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back