PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to call it here first ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
or at least I think it is first. The referees (thanks to Polians B-itching and moaning) will be a major player in this game....in FAVOR of the Dolts.....I see several key pivotal calls going to the Dolts that could very well change the outcome of the game. I don't know why I feel this uncomfortable feeling about this one...but I think the NFL wants Indy in the SB...the fans of all NFL teams are tired of seeing NE in the big dance every year...and Polian is already setting up the refs to "look out for" certain things during the game. What do you all think?

or at least I think it is first. The referees (thanks to Polians B-itching and moaning) will be a major player in this game....in FAVOR of the Dolts.....I see several key pivotal calls going to the Dolts that could very well change the outcome of the game. I don't know why I feel this uncomfortable feeling about this one...but I think the NFL wants Indy in the SB...the fans of all NFL teams are tired of seeing NE in the big dance every year...and Polian is already setting up the refs to "look out for" certain things during the game. What do you all think?

We can only hope that the Pats just beat the snot out of the Colts, therefore bad calls can only have a slight effect on the game. Unfortunately, we hardly ever beat the snot out of good teams, we barely win, or get our asses handed to us. 2004 was the last time we crushed good teams, beating the Colts by 17 and Steelers by 14. Hopefully we get some of that 2004 feeling back, and whoop the Colts, otherwise it will be an extremely tight game, and the zebras can hurt us.

didn't you see who was chosen? it seems to benefit the pats.

You're right. The officiating is going to be blatantly biased towards the Colts. We're going to have to be 2 touchdowns better than the Colts just to eek out a victory.

Your right...and it wont matter.

NO way Patriots lose this game...they are peaking at precisely the right time.

bingo, totally agree that they are the best TEAM right now.

Yeah...but it is most likely going to be a tight game.....I PRAY the Pats blow them out of the water like in years past....However, for some reason with our secondary and sloppy tackling I see it being close...then the ref BS could come into play....it is encouraging that like someone posted, there is a seemingly fair minded "let em play" ref crew coming in to Indy....Let's just hope Polian and the NFL haven't gotten to them......It just has this Heavyweight Championship Boxing feel to it with The NFL who's who's starring as Don King......

Don't kid yourself.

Bill Polian is the most powerful person on the NFL's Competition Committee which controls much of how games are officiated. In the past, Polian has not been shy about blasting specific referees in the guise of his position on the Competition Committee.

The refs are very well aware of this fact. Like it or not, he has certain powers over them.

The refs are very well aware of this fact. Like it or not, he has certain powers over them.

horsesh1t

Kraft has more pull in league than Polian has in his own house.

No way does the NFL allow the refs to hand this to Irsay with Bob, Myra and Jonathan watching their investment on the field. The Krafts are making the NFL a name in Asia and Bob threw his weight into getting the current CBA done.

Polian is a loudmouth b1tch

Maybe his whining could have a negative effect.

The boy that cries wolf analogy might come into play here. Polian whines about EVERYTHING! Somebody does quick snaps vs his team to catch them with 12 guys on the field, he whines. You touch his passcatchers, he whines. Eventually, people in the league office should be sick of his crap, and tell him to shut the hell up. I hope this backfires, and refs decide that every close call goes against his team, just because he is one-upping the officials at every turn just because his team is bombing people by 30 points.

Maybe his whining could have a negative effect.

The boy that cries wolf analogy might come into play here.

Exactly. Most people in the league follow the games enough to know that Polian's "the refs are hurting everyone's offense" line is just plain wrong, most offenses other than the Colts' have looked pretty normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes