PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey Mangenious, question for you.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double G

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
.....since you are plugged into the New York media better than I am, fill me in on what the sports writers are now saying about the Yankees, you know, the same clambrains who predicted the Yankees would be in first place by July 4th weekend after they made their mini run afew weeks ago.

Since then, the Yankees have fallen back to earth, crashed back is a better description, losing 5 out of 6 and falling 11 1/2 games out of first. They are also 6 1/2 games out of the wild card, now having to jump over five teams to get there. You seem like a rational Yankee fan, I don't think you got all caught up in the excitement when you swept the powerhouse Pirates, now did you?

Saw the Texas con man was throwing in the bullpen the other day, willing to come in and spare your bullpen the work. He's quite the team guy after all isn't he, probably has a clause in his contract where he gets paid extra for coming out of the bullpen between starts, the conman that he is. I remember when he pitched for the Red Sox, first he was thin as a rail, then after his contract extension, he became a tub of goo, then when he went to Toronto, he look liked Charles Atlas and has so ever since, but we all know HE'S not on any illegal substances right?

Of all the things I have heard in sports, BY FAR, the most comical/pathetic thing was the rant from that broad Yankee announcer; 'OH MY GOD, ROGER IS IN GEORGE'S BOOTH, ROGER IS COMING BACK TO THE YANKEES, THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED, OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA HAVE A NUCLEAR MELTDOWN OVER THE THOUGHT OF THE TEXAS CON MAN COMING IN TO SAVE THE DAY FOR THE 190 MILLION DOLLAR YANKEES!"....................hey lady, relax ok, act like a professional instead of some yahoo fan.

As a Yankee fan, I have to give you credit; there is NO WAY I could listen to her for 162 games, it's like fingers down a chalkboard.................

.....since you are plugged into the New York media better than I am, fill me in on what the sports writers are now saying about the Yankees, you know, the same clambrains who predicted the Yankees would be in first place by July 4th weekend after they made their mini run afew weeks ago.

Since then, the Yankees have fallen back to earth, crashed back is a better description, losing 5 out of 6 and falling 11 1/2 games out of first. They are also 6 1/2 games out of the wild card, now having to jump over five teams to get there. You seem like a rational Yankee fan, I don't think you got all caught up in the excitement when you swept the powerhouse Pirates, now did you?

Saw the Texas con man was throwing in the bullpen the other day, willing to come in and spare your bullpen the work. He's quite the team guy after all isn't he, probably has a clause in his contract where he gets paid extra for coming out of the bullpen between starts, the conman that he is. I remember when he pitched for the Red Sox, first he was thin as a rail, then after his contract extension, he became a tub of goo, then when he went to Toronto, he look liked Charles Atlas and has so ever since, but we all know HE'S not on any illegal substances right?

Of all the things I have heard in sports, BY FAR, the most comical/pathetic thing was the rant from that broad Yankee announcer; 'OH MY GOD, ROGER IS IN GEORGE'S BOOTH, ROGER IS COMING BACK TO THE YANKEES, THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED, OH MY GOD, I'M GONNA HAVE A NUCLEAR MELTDOWN OVER THE THOUGHT OF THE TEXAS CON MAN COMING IN TO SAVE THE DAY FOR THE 190 MILLION DOLLAR YANKEES!"....................hey lady, relax ok, act like a professional instead of some yahoo fan.

As a Yankee fan, I have to give you credit; there is NO WAY I could listen to her for 162 games, it's like fingers down a chalkboard.................
i think he needs to change his arod sig to .you think our season is over?ha your right it is .

I dont know what the exact question is but this is a very frustrating year. I am coming to grips w/ a postseason less october as unimaginable as that is. I dont think were done from the WC but were maybe 2-3 more mediocre weeks from being done. The problem w/ this team is that we have to many damn Kyle Farsnworthless on this team who dont give a sh#t about winning. Clemens, I never wanted that greedy POS on this team. We gave him the going away retirement party in 03 he should have left then but he chose Houston dollars. Cashman and Torre deserve the blame for this team. I wouldnt mind if I could get Girardi and pick your G.M.. The NY media of course jumped on the here we go the Yanks are coming for first band wagon and I admit I was on it after we took 2 out of 3 from the Mets convincingly b/c they are a good team. I am running out of words for this team. I still believe a lot in this team mostly b/c im a Yanks fan. We will see what happens

Last edited:
back062507.jpg

My feelings exactly

Mangenious,
I appreciate your candor and sorry if initially I was a bit harsh on you, really had no reason to be and I am sorry for the rude treatment out of the gate.

Know how you feel about Clemens. He pitched well here, they gave him a huge contract extension and he was a 500 pitcher for four years and was out of shape. He says no to the Red Sox offer, claiming he wants to pitch "closer to home", ie, Texas, and then and goes and signs with Toronto. I guess geography was not his best subject in school. He then goes and pitches his balls of for Toronto, I've hated the man ever since, the con artist he is.

Regarding your team, not sure if I blame Torre as much as Cashman, he has put together a lousy team with zero chemistry. Trust me, before all of this is over, Payfraud will come out and say "Hey, you can't blame me, I did my best", bank on that, he is a fraud too.

Gotta love the media, first they dump all over your team when they started slow, then they got hot and the BS about catching the Red Sox by July 4th starts, now they are back to dumping on the team, I hate the print media as well, a bunch of assclowns.................

Mangenious,
I appreciate your candor and sorry if initially I was a bit harsh on you, really had no reason to be and I am sorry for the rude treatment out of the gate.

Know how you feel about Clemens. He pitched well here, they gave him a huge contract extension and he was a 500 pitcher for four years and was out of shape. He says no to the Red Sox offer, claiming he wants to pitch "closer to home", ie, Texas, and then and goes and signs with Toronto. I guess geography was not his best subject in school. He then goes and pitches his balls of for Toronto, I've hated the man ever since, the con artist he is.

Regarding your team, not sure if I blame Torre as much as Cashman, he has put together a lousy team with zero chemistry. Trust me, before all of this is over, Payfraud will come out and say "Hey, you can't blame me, I did my best", bank on that, he is a fraud too.

Gotta love the media, first they dump all over your team when they started slow, then they got hot and the BS about catching the Red Sox by July 4th starts, now they are back to dumping on the team, I hate the print media as well, a bunch of assclowns.................
No hard feelings im a jets fan on a Pats website. I hate cashman for putting together the worst bench in the history of baseball and a bullpen two arms short. Torre has irked me for a couple years with his in game management and his atrocious bullpen usage. I respect all the great things torre has done and I dont necessarily want him fired but I wouldnt mind if he left. The only thing saving cashman is the farm system that he has built with a lot of arms which have potential. As great as A-Rod has been I always say to my friends that if we make the postseason and he hits .100 again this season was all fot nothing. Only two plus months till the Yanks dont burden me and then........

jetspatskd3.jpg

(not my work By the way)

True, you are a Jets fan on a Patriots website, but that does not mean you should be treated rudely, unless you are an assclown like Ballsack4ever and do and say stupid things 24/7/365.

I know this may sound off the fringe, but do you think Torre has been hurt by the fact that Don Zimmer is no longer his bench coach. I find it odd he has not faired well since Zimm left here. The guy got a bum wrap in this town because of 1978, but I thought he was an excellent baseball guy......................

I know this may sound off the fringe, but do you think Torre has been hurt by the fact that Don Zimmer is no longer his bench coach. I find it odd he has not faired well since Zimm left here. The guy got a bum wrap in this town because of 1978, but I thought he was an excellent baseball guy......................
Zimm is a great baseball mind, that is a great point. Torre never quite seemed the same w/o ZImm. He is a great situational bench coach IMO.
As far as Aqua, I know he broke a deal for a bet about leaving the forum and refuses to address it. He tends to gives the benefit of the doubt to the phins. After that I have not paid enough attention through the months to know the stunts he has pulled.

If you want to see a classic example of a first rate homer, go check out Aqua's latest post in the Dolphin threat in this section were he basically dismisses the entire group of Patriot wideouts like they are a collection of over the hill stiffs, unreal. AND, if the Doofins had picked up Moss, I can only imagine what he'd be saying about it..........

Not my work but a wall that someone made for me at TGG

jetswpqc9.jpg

Nice work; have to say the Jets have perhaps the best uniform in all of football, a classic throwback AFL look if you know what I mean, those mid 1980 uni's were dismal, these look superb, gotta thank the Tuna for them............

Nice work; have to say the Jets have perhaps the best uniform in all of football, a classic throwback AFL look if you know what I mean, those mid 1980 uni's were dismal, these look superb, gotta thank the Tuna for them............

I like our uni's but Ive been saying for little under 3 month now that in a year or two me may get a uni's modification. Im still afraid to drop down $200 for a Rhodes or Cotchery jersey. I like the jersey but those green pants at times just kill the whole thing. The chargers throwback powder blue uni's are my favorite in the NFL

Hmmm... I say, boring! Homer in me says the Pats have maybe the best-looking jerseys in football, once you get used to Elvis.
But as for the "classic" look, I'd say Detroit's probably makes the grade.

Wasn't it Parcells who gave us the gigantic Elvis on the sleeves? Hideous~
God, what a long off-season!

I hope the Jets don't screw with those uniforms, why mess up a great thing? Also with you on the Chargers blue unis, outstanding.............

Not my work but a wall that someone made for me at TGG

jetswpqc9.jpg

If that was the Colts on the other side of the poster I would understand it. But believe me when I say this, I could care less about the Jets. We could lose both games to them and still win the East, which won't happen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore