PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news for for EEI listeners who hate all the Sox talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Mac

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Red Sox, Entercom, and Greater Media are all about to end playing hardball any minute now. While Sox and Greater Media managements remains mum, some of their personnel are now openly bragging around town that the Sox broadcasts will move from WEEI AM 850 after 12 years. The shortly-to-be-announced "done deal" has the Sox purchasing a majority interest in WBOS 92.9FM with Greater Media retaining a remaining share of the station. A Sox source tells BRW that the deal may be announced as soon as Monday(4/24).
Link.

I've seen a lot of people on here complain about all the time spent of the Sox, and not the Pats. Maybe this will upset the balance a little.

Johnny Mac said:
Link.

I've seen a lot of people on here complain about all the time spent of the Sox, and not the Pats. Maybe this will upset the balance a little.

This should free up that morning drive-time gig for Mustard and Johnson for their "Yankee-Talk" show. Watch for Callahan posting from his mother's basement debating NEM on the Political Forum.:D

EEI are like a bunch of whiny little 6th graders. Once the Sox do leave, the EEI hosts will be sh*tting all over them and laughing at every move they make.

Willie55 said:
EEI are like a bunch of whiny little 6th graders. Once the Sox do leave, the EEI hosts will be sh*tting all over them and laughing at every move they make.

Maybe this will finally prove my chicken-egg theory with 'EEI: The station pushes baseball talk 24/7 to appease the team and advertisers who bankroll game broadcasts -- it's not a reflection of what sports fans really want to hear. I'd love to see them dump idiots like Mike Adams, who only cares about baseball. At least Ted Sarandis would discuss other sports.

I couldn't believe how during the playoffs and home stretch of the Pats season EEI spent most of the time talking about Manny Ramirez and his issues. In was absolutely disgusted.

Can't say I'm sorry to hear this though I will miss Joe and Jerry if they don't move with the broadcast. WEEI could stand to be taken down a peg or two. I won't even listen to those jackasses in the morning. I like Michael Holley but Dale Arnold is ridiculous and the Big Show can give me a headache.

I've started to listen to Mike Felger at ESPN (except when Bogus is on.) He's obviously a football guy and so he focuses on that. His segments with Josh Miller were appointment radio. Too bad they don't have a better signal. Also Felger's been taking time off lately and there really isn't anyone to fill in for him.

Last edited:
I really don't listen to EEI because of the unbelievable amount of adds. I would say at least 60% of the Big Show is commercials, so it is just not worth listening to.

Tunescribe said:
Maybe this will finally prove my chicken-egg theory with 'EEI: The station pushes baseball talk 24/7 to appease the team and advertisers who bankroll game broadcasts -- it's not a reflection of what sports fans really want to hear.
I don't think it can really prove it either way. Could end up just giving the Sox less coverage as retaliation.

Hoodie said:
Can't say I'm sorry to hear this though I will miss Joe and Jerry if they don't move with the broadcast.
They're employed by the Red Sox, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Tunescribe said:
Maybe this will finally prove my chicken-egg theory with 'EEI: The station pushes baseball talk 24/7 to appease the team and advertisers who bankroll game broadcasts -- it's not a reflection of what sports fans really want to hear.
That's no theory. That's as good as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes