PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Good" Experts on Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBamsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Trey Wingo (somehow the name should say it all) is getting rightfully pummeled on another thread for comparing Roethlisberger's 1st Super Bowl to Brady's. The question came up, "Who are the good experts" in this day of watered-down, fast food journalism since the explosion of the internet.

Peter King- Gets some good info. I don't always agree w/ his takes, but it usually comes when he is asked for his personal takes, rather than facts.

Gosselin- Best writer on Football today. Sometimes Dallas Morning News is hard to access, but his weekly column is definitely worth it.

Len Pasquerelli- Espn.com's football beat writer/colomnist. Has the best network since McDonough when it comes to getting fresh info.

Ron Jaworski- Espn is trying to ruin a good thing putting him on panel discussions. His Chalkboard work that he sets up at NFL Films adds his inclusion to my list.

Any others?

I like Lenny P, but Peter King's colonoscopy column turned my stomach so much that I can't read him anymore for fear that I will vomit.

I like Rich Eisen and most of the guys on NFL network.

milwaukeebeers44 said:
I like Lenny P, but Peter King's colonoscopy column turned my stomach so much that I can't read him anymore for fear that I will vomit.

I like Rich Eisen and most of the guys on NFL network.
I never had the comcastic cable, just regular cable so i never checked out nfl network. But it is way better than espn nfl live. I just watch the espn morons for entertainment purposes now.

nothing is better on nfl live than the salisbury/clayton arguments. I think that is hilarious.

Pat Kirwan on NFL.com is the only columnist I read as if he knows what he's talking about.

Think he was a GM or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
RayClay said:
Pat Kirwan on NFL.com is the only columnist I read as if he knows what he's talking about.

Think he was a GM or something.

Absoluely agree. There is no better football writer than Pat Kirwan. I believe he used to be a GM for the Jets.

Jaws' analysis of the Pats vs. Rams superbowl was the best thing I ever saw as far as football analysis.

I like some of the unpopular (here) ones.

Peter King --- I don't read his column but I like him on the radio.

Sean Salisbury will always occupy a warm spot in my heart ever since he said (using the second person voice!) "Hey Bill Belichick, you're the greatest X's and O's coach, not now --- EVER!"

Boomer Esiason is very good, and particularly knowledgeable on the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3