PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens had surgery - will miss "several weeks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they're feeling some buyers remorse there in Tenny yet...

I though I read this week that he just got a second opinion on a hamstring injury.....guess that will have some time to heal now.

Well, I don't think it will really make or break the Titans to be down a WR who has been nearly invisible through the first 4 games. You can still count your $8M with a pin in your thumb. Givens would probably be just as happy on IR they way things are shaking out for him career choice wise in Tennessee.

who knows,Givens may end being like peerless price and end up back here

My prediction is that Givens will be back in a Patriots uniform 2 years from now for the veteran minimum, after he is released by the Titans.

I still don't know what the hell they were thinking spending that much money on a possesion receiver when they needed help at basically every other position on the field.

I hope he is enjoying his money, because he will never have as much fun or as much success as he did here in NE.

mcdonut16 said:
I hope he is enjoying his money, because he will never have as much fun or as much success as he did here in NE.

No, but he'll sure have more fun OFF the field, spending those greenbacks.

NFL is a business and a player get 1 shot of making money in it before he is carted off.I am still suprised all the people who hate a person who made was lucky enough to get his money .

he was making a low draft salary the day from the day of the draft and probabily made 100times more on that 1 day when he signed.If someone comes and gives you cash equal to 100times what you made in the last 5 yrs i would love to see what you would do?.

Last edited:
satz said:
NFL is a business and a player get 1 shot of making money in it before he is carted off.I am still suprised all the people who hate a person who made was lucky enough to get his money .

he was making a low draft salary the day from the day of the draft and probabily made 100times more on that 1 day when he signed.If someone comes and gives you cash equal to 100times what you made in the last 5 yrs i would love to see what you would do?.

Yeah - ya can't blame David for taking the money, we all would. But, that said, his football life has taken a nosedive. I would love to see him back here someday.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm not that sorry, but I'm sorry.

RayClay said:
I'm sorry to hear that.

LOL - that's great!

MooseKnuckles said:
Givens had surgery to insert a pin into his injured thumb and will miss "several weeks," according to the Nashville Tennessean.

Cry me a river. Eff him. Fine with me if he ends up cut and out of the NFL.

hwc said:
Cry me a river. Eff him. Fine with me if he ends up cut and out of the NFL.

Why? Becuase he worked his ass off to go from a 7th round "project" to getting a good salary based on his work and performance while playing for your favorite team?

Gotta love that old fashioned New England resentment.

Last edited:
jimmyjames said:
Why? Becuase he worked his ass off to go from a 7th round "project" to getting a good salary based on his work and performance while playing for your favorite team?

No. Because the player is a Tennessee Titan. An AFC rival. I hope all the Titans suck.

I feel bad for him, but I do enjoy the thought of him and Deion (and AV) watching the Pats win another Super Bowl while they watch from home, contemplating what might have been.

RayClay said:
I'm sorry to hear that.

Perfectly said Ray.....perfect. I agree 100%

It's just his finger, folks! The guy didn't have a stroke or anything. He has $25 million coming his way.

He will recover and go on to play football.

Are we going to play little tiny violins in unison every time a football player stubs a toe or gets a hangnail?

He's survive. And maybe when the Titans cut him, he'll be back and playing for the Pats. Then I'll worry about his finger boo-boo.

satz said:

I dont think many on here have held a grudge or "hated" as you put it David Givens. He went out and got his buck when he was a free agent. The one who is dead to me who also was a WR for our Pats is a different story because of how messy it got and how he was NOT a FA at the time. Also the kicker who is dead to me I do not care for as he went to the enemy without (by all reports I have read) giving the pats a chance to match after making his name and career here.

kptmorgan04 said:
I dont think many on here have held a grudge or "hated" as you put it David Givens. He went out and got his buck when he was a free agent. The one who is dead to me who also was a WR for our Pats is a different story because of how messy it got and how he was NOT a FA at the time. Also the kicker who is dead to me I do not care for as he went to the enemy without (by all reports I have read) giving the pats a chance to match after making his name and career here.

I agree. Branch was the rotten apple out of all ex-Pats, with Terry Glenn in second place. Adam is a distant third, for going to the Colts and basically really wanting to 'stick it' to the Pats more than I thought necessary.

The rest all wanted a pay day, and that's fine with me, but I won't shed tears over minor injuries that they get. If it was something major, I would feel bad, but not every bump and bruise and broken finger.

I wish him a speedy recovery. He busted his ass here and made many clutch plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes