PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

cobbs will not make team

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I dont know what some pats fans see in cobbs. I posted a thread "Cobbs vs. Maroney" and i couldnt believe that some of you guys actually think cobbs is better than maroney. Well i took your opinions and was giving you cobb fans the benefit of the doubt. So, i said lets see how this cobbs guy is. I know what he is, hes not better than maroney and will be cut. Maroney didnt play because he will make the team, and belechick didnt want him to get hurt before the regular season starts. Look for cobbs in the stands because thats the closest he'll be to the team this season.

I think you've got your perspective a little crooked there. Nobody is talking about Cobbs as replacing Dillon as the feature back. Rather he is projected to replace Kevin Faulk in the future. The argument is not Cobbs vs Maroney which I agree would be a little silly.

It is Cobbs vs Evans vs Pass. And since Pass is on PUP, it really is only a battle between Cobbs and Evans at this point. I've gone through the trouble of compling the stats between the two and Cobbs is head and shoulders above Evans even with the less than dazzling performance in the 4th perseason game.

Totals Rushing
P. Cobbs 38 188 4.95 36 3
H. Evans 31 90 2.90 12 3

Totals Receiving
P. Cobbs 7 115 16.43 57 1
H. Evans 5 34 6.8 9 0

Last edited:
frankiesfly said:
I dont know what some pats fans see in cobbs. I posted a thread "Cobbs vs. Maroney" and i couldnt believe that some of you guys actually think cobbs is better than maroney. Well i took your opinions and was giving you cobb fans the benefit of the doubt. So, i said lets see how this cobbs guy is. I know what he is, hes not better than maroney and will be cut. Maroney didnt play because he will make the team, and belechick didnt want him to get hurt before the regular season starts. Look for cobbs in the stands because thats the closest he'll be to the team this season.

hahahah
anyone who puts cobbs in the same sentence as dillon and maroney are smokin some good ****

this doesnt mean he cant make the team
i would love to see him make it over evans
without pass we need a blocker
evans isnt much of one
mills has been takin on lot of those duties

anyway, cobbs has shown much better ability to run with the ball than evans i believe and hes got pretty soft hands out of the backfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back