PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Shoulder Rumor - 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time reader of this message board and I just joined recently. Lot of good Pats chatter over here (upgrade from the ESPN message board). Anyways I heard this story and wanted to see if anyone had heard something similar.

Brady was at a New Year's Eve party on December 31st, 2002 at a bar named Felt in Boston. While there he was quite intoxicated and fell down a flight of stairs, further injuring his throwing shoulder. This is what led BB to say that had the Pats made the playoffs that Brady would have been unavailable.

Anyone here something similar?

Last edited:
Re: Brady Shoulder Rumor

Hey guys, long time reader of this message board and I just joined recently. Lot of good Pats chatter over here (upgrade from the ESPN message board). Anyways I heard this story and wanted to see if anyone had heard something similar.

Brady was at a New Year's Eve party on December 31st, 2002 at a bar named Felt in Boston. While there he was quite intoxicated and fell down a flight of stairs, further injuring his throwing shoulder. This is what led BB to say that had the Pats made the playoffs that Brady would have been unavailable.

Nope.

Never heard the story.

He's Irish! Irish men do not get intoxicated! ;)

Last edited:

LONG SIGH.................................:rolleyes: :mad:

Man, you nearly made me spill my soda on my keyboard when I read the title of this thread. I thought Brady hurt himself in the offseason workout program or something!! :mad:

Last edited:

Hey mods . . . can we get a "2002" added to the title of this post to avoid more freaked out Pats fans? :)

He was hanging out at The Felt? With all the other bars and clubs in that part of town? Bleh.

"Heard?" How? From whom?

Nope. It's fairly well documented that he initially injured the shoulder in the Titans game that year, then re-aggravated it in the season finale against the Dolphins.

I know it sounds shady how I heard this, but it was via my best friend's brother, who lives in Boston, who was told this story via a bouncer at Felt.

I know it sounds shady how I heard this, but it was via my best friend's brother, who lives in Boston, who was told this story via a bouncer at Felt.
Your best friend's brother through a bouncer. What's that, 4th hand ???? :rolleyes:

Change the damn subject will you. Go to Edit and hit Advanced (or something like that) then you can change the subject.

Good go tell Star or US...this rumor is just that, a rumor that has resurfaced - what...5 years later. That in itself is pretty hysterical!

Hey, it's a fair question and this is a fair place to ask a fair question.

For the OP's sake, he should have added "2002". For the same reasons that this is a good place to ask.

Sometimes rumors are nothing more than the telephone game. Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire.

He just asking..

Besides, how many of us have called in "sick" with hangovers. #1 leading cause of call-ins...

Last edited:
We're doomed - H

How will Brady ever win another Superbowl with a hamburger shoulder??

How will he ever hit wide open Moss & Stallworth streaking down the sidelines and Watson free over the middle with Welker breaking free underneath and K. Faulk uncovered in the flat??

Oh wait, 2002?? Well now, he did win two more, my bad.

Why bring it up now? That was 5 damn years ago, 2 superbowl wins later, etc. I know the offseason is boring but are we THIS desperate?

Why bring it up now? That was 5 damn years ago, 2 superbowl wins later, etc. I know the offseason is boring but are we THIS desperate?

Because he's curious. And this is a good place to ask because many people here are fanatics who seem to know everything.

Some people here like to argue over the same thing over and over again, ad naseum, every year. Others come here to have questions answered. Step off the high horse and teach, if you're so....

Last edited:

I work in the nightlife industry here in Boston. Many dancers who have worked for me also work at places like felt selling shots (shot girls) This story is 100 percent false.

Even if it's true, who cares? It cracks me up how much people get bent out of shape over rumors.

I heard it and just wanted to find out if anyone else know. Living here in upstate NY I don't get many chances to talk to other Pats fans, especially ones who might have heard something like this.

I bet you're the same idiot who posted this on ESPN (pretty much word for word). Probably the same jacka$$ who posted the rumor about Brady skipping out on his tab during Derby weekend.

You were told the rumor was likely BS over there, yet you come here asking the same question......troll!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore