PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

And may Kravitz and Mort come down with herpes then have a threesome with that crying pansy Mark Brunell.

Mort can be the lucky Pierre.

For anyone who hasn’t seen the documentary he is referring too, Four Games in Fall, it is outstanding. It isn’t some low end fan generated documentary but is a high end production with top experts. It is available to rent or buy on all the major PPV platforms.

It’s “destroyed” that became the powerful buzz word. I’ve also discarded many of my phones but don’t recall “destroying” them. It’s standard process for a celebrity - or really anyone who’s concerned about privacy - to also wipe the sim card.

Brady was never going to win a PR battle against an organization supported by 32 billionaires, and especially being the league’s most envied/hated player and having already been ambushed by a fake yet widely accepted report that the balls were deflated by the Patriots.

You are making an assumption that Brady was going to lose the PR battle even if he did comply with Goodell, which is not necessarily true. He easily could have kept his old cell phone locked away somewhere until the investigation ends instead of smashing it right around the time of the investigation. That's what a good attorney would have told his client. Why trust the league and give them any ammunition to make you look bad? And if you are not going to turn your phone over, AT LEAST come up with a better answer than what Brady did in his interview. Say that you are concerned with private stuff getting leaked to the press or online and force the league/Wells' law firm to agree to a non-disclosure agreement that if anything non-relevant does get leaked then they are responsible. That puts the burden on the NFL, and if the league says no to that, go public with their decision to not agree a reasonable non-disclosure agreement.

You are making an assumption that Brady was going to lose the PR battle even if he did comply with Goodell, which is not necessarily true. He easily could have kept his old cell phone locked away somewhere until the investigation ends. That's what a good attorney would have told his client. Why trust the league and give them any ammunition to make you look bad? And if you are not going to turn your phone over, AT LEAST come up with a better answer than what Brady did in his interview. Say that you are concerned with private stuff getting leaked to the press or online and force the league/Wells' law firm to agree to a non-disclosure agreement that if anything non-relevant does get leaked then they are responsible. That puts the burden on the NFL, and if the league says no to that, go public with their decision to not agree to it.
You are a fool if you believe any of what you just wrote.

I know several people who get rid of their old cell phones by rendering them useless one way or another and then throwing them out; none of them are high profile. Even if you delete a photo or message, its ghost is still there until the space is needed for something else unless you have one of the commercially available file wipers. One doesn't have to be hiding something illegal or inappropriate but can just be protecting the privacy of family and friends. I'd really advise everyone to do it.
I tell ya this: When I get a new computer, I copy over the old hard drive to the new one.

And then I completely and utterly demolish the old hard drive. Last one I shredded piece by piece and then took a blow torch to the pieces.

I tell ya this: When I get a new computer, I copy over the old hard drive to the new one.

And then I completely and utterly demolish the old hard drive. Last one I shredded piece by piece and then took a blow torch to the pieces.

Good for you. Give yourself a cookie.

It would have been moronic for Brady to hand over his phone to people he did not trust, and had every reason not to trust. Hand over your personal information and personal conversations to those scumbags? Get the f out of here with that naive horse sh!t.

I'll bet those same people think it's a good idea to chat away with the police if you get arrested. Why not plead your case if you are innocent, right?

Dumb

I agree you should never provide information like that without being compelled to do so. Though In fairness, most police officers and law enforcement officials are more trustrworthy and have better intentions than the NYFL.

I agree you should never provide information like that without being compelled to do so. Though In fairness, most police officers and law enforcement officials are more trustrworthy and have better intentions than the NYFL.

The mafia are more trustworthy and have better intentions than Goodell and company.

You are making an assumption that Brady was going to lose the PR battle even if he did comply with Goodell, which is not necessarily true.

Stop there and reevaluate your position.

When an official told the NFL that he used Needle A to inflate the balls, and Needle A's pressure guage absolved Brady, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or was it dismissed because said official must have misremembered?

When numerous organizations published scientific articles proving the balls weren't articifically deflated, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or were those dismissed in favor of a pay-for-fake-science report?

When Brady testified under oath that he had no knowledge of any scheme to deflate footballs, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or was that testimony brushed away by media organizations who spread proven lies by Goodell claiming Brady lied his contact with the equipment team (proven when documents were unsealed)?

You seem very naive here.

We're talking apples and oranges here. One involves the police investigating a crime for which you could go to jail, and no prosecutor will go public with the fact that an ordinary citizen didn't hand over his phone or allow a search without a warrant. In fact, any evidence obtained this way would get thrown out of court. The smart thing for a private citizen to do is not allow a search without court order. However, what we are talking here is a private league matter for which the worst that can happen (if you are guilty) is a suspension and a public relations disaster for star like Brady if you don't comply.

According to the deflategate truthers, you're only doing this to cover up a crime.

Stop there and reevaluate your position.

When an official told the NFL that he used Needle A to inflate the balls, and Needle A's pressure guage absolved Brady, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or was it dismissed because said official must have misremembered?

When numerous organizations published scientific articles proving the balls weren't articifically deflated, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or were those dismissed in favor of a pay-for-fake-science report?

When Brady testified under oath that he had no knowledge of any scheme to deflate footballs, did that lead to a public relations win for Brady, or was that testimony brushed away by media organizations who spread proven lies by Goodell claiming Brady lied his contact with the equipment team (proven when documents were unsealed)?

You seem very naive here.

Tell me, did it make Brady look bad that he had his phone destroyed and the Pats attorney said McNally called himself the "deflator" to lose weight? Brady and his team shot themselves.

Tell me, did it make Brady look bad that he had his phone destroyed and the Pats attorney said McNally called himself the "deflator" to lose weight? Brady and his team shot themselves.

You still don't understand it, do you?

There will always be something. There will always be a quote, a text message, a comment, an innuendo. When an invetigation claims to be objective but will only stop at a conviction, no matter what, there is always going to be "evidence" that seems compelling. Brady could not prevent that. And turning over his phone had nothing to do with the McNally/Jastremski texts, since those weren't to Brady. Turning over his phone would not have countered that narrative. Those texts were going to be used to build a case against him regardless.

You think the NFL would then announce to the world that his phone revealed no evidence of wrongdoing? How naive. They refused to even allow the release of the actual PSI numbers, claiming they didn't want to release it as "piecemeal" when in fact they were merely waiting to drop a load of buzzwords and crap on the case to divert attention away from fact the PSI reports were outright lies. You're dealing with an organization that has only one intent, which is to prove guilt.

You. Cannot. Prove. A. Negative.

The evidence is clear: Brady didn't have any balls deflated; it's proven by science. If that in itself isn't enough for morons to stop buying into the league's railroad job, there't nothing else that will work. Brady could have released 24-7 surveillance of himself over the previous 10 years and it wouldn't have helped anything.

There will always be something. There will always be a quote, a text message, a comment, an innuendo. When an invetigation claims to be objective but will only stop at a conviction, no matter what, there is always going to be "evidence" that seems compelling. Brady could not prevent that. And turning over his phone had nothing to do with the McNally/Jastremski texts, since those weren't to Brady. Turning over his phone would not have countered that narrative. Those texts were going to be used to build a case against him regardless.

The evidence is clear: Brady didn't have any balls deflated; it's proven by science. If that in itself isn't enough for morons to stop buying into the league's railroad job, there't nothing else that will work. Brady could have released 24-7 surveillance of himself over the previous 10 years and it wouldn't have helped anything.

To add to this, the Pats handed videotapes over on the video witch hunt. It showed NOTHING. Literally showed what fans can see from their seat and showed opposing teams WAVING at the camera guys in amusement. So Goodell destroyed the tapes. Pats haters spin it that Goodell did it for the Pats. Nope. Goodell buried it because it didn't help their case to make the Pats look bad, people would have seen how ridiculous it was to dock a 1st round pick. Just like burying the deflate gate weather tests conducted by the NFL for a year, Goodell buried it because it didn't show the result they were going for to hurt the Patriots.

Last edited:

You think the NFL would then announce to the world that his phone revealed no evidence of wrongdoing? How naive. They refused to even allow the release of the actual PSI numbers, claiming they didn't want to release it as "piecemeal" when in fact they were merely waiting to drop a load of buzzwords and crap on the case to divert attention away from fact the PSI reports were outright lies. You're dealing with an organization that has only one intent, which is to prove guilt.

I understand your argument just fine. I already told you I disagreed with you, so move on. The NFL sure may not announce they found nothing on his phone, but his attorneys could have issued a statement after the investigation saying that Brady complied with everything the NFL told him to do and nothing was found. And maybe Brady would still have been found guilty even if he did give his phone up, but at least he would have won the public over. Every time you talk to someone about Deflategate with an opposing fan it's always the same thing -"Brady destroyed his phone."

And deflategate was more than just the 2014 AFCCG I believe. It was to find any evidence of Brady and the ball boys doing this over a longer period of time in multiple games. Hence, the reason why the league asked for texts and emails from an extended period. Science only proved that Brady didn't do anything in the 2014 AFCCG.

Also, my understanding is that Wells didn't want POSSESSION of his phone. He only wanted to run his phone through a computer program to check for texts and emails with keywords, probably with one of Brady's attorneys present.

Last edited:
I don't know what this did for his career, but Kravitz got his "15 minutes" the way he reported the story. The way he reported it sounded like the Pats had committed a crime. The media followed that narrative and it was completely overblown. And of course, nobody cared when the Panthers were heating up balls on the sidelines.

What an embarrassment by the NFL.

I understand your argument just fine. I already told you I disagreed with you, so move on. The NFL sure may not announce they found nothing on his phone, but his attorneys could have issued a statement after the investigation saying that Brady complied with everything the NFL told him to do and nothing was found. And maybe Brady would still have been found guilty even if he did give his phone up, but at least he would have won the public over. Every time you talk to someone about Deflategate from an opposing fan it's always the same thing -"Brady destroyed his phone."

And deflategate was more than just the AFCCG I believe. It was to find any evidence of Brady and the ball boys doing this over a longer period of time in multiple games. Hence, the reason why the league asked for texts and emails from an extended period. Science only proved that Brady didn't do anything in the 2014 AFCCG.

The public is not a jury that's vetted to decide a case. They're prone to read headlines and ultimately believe exactly what they were hoping for, but it's hard to emphasize how impossible it would have been for Brady to ever win any type of PR battle when this isn't just the public but a fanbase that by its nature only supports about 3% of NFL players and sees the other 97% as the enemy/opponent, and beyond that, judging the merits of a case based on their negative perception of Brady.

Accusations alone, with even a shred of perceived credibility, are enough to fry the most envied/hated player in the NFL. Let's not act like people screaming "Brady destroyed his phone" are arguing from a position of reason and evidence and many weren't already running to Twitter to declare that "Brady is overrated!!!" at the same time. A big chunk of fans and observers who really wanted to know the truth - and were willing to actually hear Brady's defense and consider the evidence and arguments - realize that Brady didn't do anything, or even if he were guilty of some tiny infraction, it was both neglibible and that the NFL was guilty of much more. A lot of knowledgable fans and sports writers cite Deflategate as the time Goodell lost all credibility as an arbiter.

Before the Wells Report, most of the public chatter was that Goodell was going to "destroy the evidence" and that he'd let Brady off with a slap on the wrist because it's bad for business. Most people were 100% convinced Brady was guilty after the fake January PSI report and there would never be a way to convince those people anyway.

That's the PR front that he was dealing with, not an investigatory board made up of scholars and jurors pledged to finding the truth.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back