PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Ty Law News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Ty Law thread!!! GREAT work Chris!!! I have always thought he might return...GOOD!!

Maybe the quote should end, 'since they seem to be the only team making an offer at this point!' :D

Seriously, that is great news if it ever happens. On the other hand, he could be looking to stir up the competitive fires of Kansas City, so who knows what his real intention is by saying that.

Methinks the Poston Magic Mystery Tour has rolled into Missouri....

Last edited:
Sentimentality may play into it, too. Kansas City is where Herm Edwards is now the coach, and Law and Edwards are longtime friends.
Longtime friends? That's the first I've heard of that. Anybody recall hearing that they've been friends for a long time?

Supposedly Edwards has been wooing Ty Law for years behind the scenes, since Law has been unhappy with his contract for a long time, and Edwards wanted him for the Jets. When Law was signed with the Jets, he implied that this courtship had been happening for a while.

Some call it tampering....

not to be a downer but hasnt Law been saying a return to the pats in possible for a long time now?

wow. theres a chance that ty law could return to new england??? holy **** this is fantastic news. I haven't heard this yet.

No news here. He is still trying to up his price. It's to the point of pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
desi-patsfan said:
not to be a downer but hasnt Law been saying a return to the pats in possible for a long time now?

Right, the KC article is a sort-of interesting read, but not really "news."

Willie55 said:
No news here. He is still trying to up his price. It's to the point of pathetic.
Maybe there is another (baby) on the way? He does have a family to feed you know. :p

shakadave said:
Right, the KC article is a sort-of interesting read, but not really "news."
I agree. Chris, at least you could have omitted the exclamation point at the end of the thread title. I was very disappointed to open the thread and read that the only "news" was that Ty is still willing to return to New England.

It's my understanding Law's narrowed it down to 32 teams, but he's not sure where the right "fit", ($$$$$), will be.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

The longer Law remains unsigned, the less I want him. With each day that passes I realize how unreasonable Laws asking price is, and how unwilling he is to waiver from it. With the new CBA the cap spike this year was enormous, giving teams tons of extra cap room and causing bigger FA deals than perhaps ever before. Teams have a lot of money to spend, even the really good ones, so the fact that Law still is not signed despite having maybe his best year last year is indicadive of his mammoth price tag.

He maybe a greedy bastard but he can still play. Even when his days at CB are over he'll move to S and be very good. Just imagine him looking towards the line of scrimmage the whole time and seeing what's going on and baiting the QB as only Ty does (and Champ Bailey, as if I had to add that name). He'll be HUGE if Rodney doesn't make it back fully healthy and to start the season.

sounds to me like Ty Law is trying to up the price from KC. To me this is actually a "bad" sign for those hoping for a New England re-run.

At this point it's a "when he signs somewhere let me know" attitude for me. All the rest is just BS.

PromisedLand said:
I agree. Chris, at least you could have omitted the exclamation point at the end of the thread title. I was very disappointed to open the thread and read that the only "news" was that Ty is still willing to return to New England.

Point taken. (I probably could have gone without the exclamation point as well, but I digress...) But anytime Law makes a statement, I still think it's news, especially one where he sounds fond of the Patriots.

Here is the current, definitive Ty Law post:

Money. Patriots. Maybe. Maybe not. He'll play somewhere this season and may not be signed before training camps start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents