PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Jags Fan's Statistical Analysis of His QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to NFL.com Garrard had 233 yards passing and 43 yards rushing, for 276 gross yards.

Also according to NFL.com, returns of Garrard turnovers netted 236 yards in returns.

The difference in yards between Garrard's gross yardage minus the 236 return yards he provided to the Titans(excluding the last INT) is +40 yards.

However, Garrard got sacked 5 times for -39 yards.

So, factoring in 3 of his 4 turnovers, all 5 of his sacks (that his mobility and quick release were supposed to prevent but may have actually caused), and his offensive output aside from those plays, David Garrard accounted for a NET of ONE (1) YARD of total offense and MINUS 14 points (factoring in his TD pass and extra point).

This excludes, naturally, the points NOT gained by making intelligent decisions with the ball.

ONE YARD TOTAL OFFENSE and MINUS 14 points!

***EDIT***

If you include his final INT and the return yardage, Garrard actually had MINUS EIGHT (-8) yard on the day.

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic150113-6-1.aspx

Garrard's TD/INT ratio is bad, 8/8. Brady is 22/12. And Garrard has been sacked 17 times in 200 attempts compared to Brady's 24 sacks in 453 attempts.

Also of note is that although Jacksonville's D is nutty good at home, Garrard's rating at home is 65 and on the road it's 90.

Garrard won't be the problem - their defense and running game might be.

Jesus. I take back everything not mean I said about David Garrard.

The Jags' offense, even with healthy RBs, isn't the concern, neither is their defense. Special Teams need to be on their toes, but folks are getting wedgie bunch if they get too worked up over the Jags - this is a Chicago-lite game. Tough defense (yet the Pats' offense moved well against Chicago), developing QB and giraffes masquerading as WRs (yum, yum as the Pats D might say), and the ever present threat of Special Teams - but New Englands have been playing well and did so against the really dangerous Chicago teams (this includes Ken Walter who despite the whining currently averages 2 net yds less than Josh Miller and has a higher percentage of balls downed inside the 20).

Pats clinch the division Sunday - bank on it.

Even though most do not see it .jags are a big physical team and when we play good physical players we have injuries.SO my hopes are their be no injuries.

Jags running game is what concerns me not Garrard. Of course watch him look like Warren Moon when he plays against our D. :mad:

Jags running game is what concerns me not Garrard. Of course watch him look like Warren Moon when he plays against our D. :mad:
Holy cow batman! The Pats have one of the top run defenses in the league and Fred Taylor is nursing a gimpy hamstring. Wright did pretty well in his first start at NT, even if it was a Texans club with O-line issues. And that same club whupped up on the Jags twice if I'm not mistaken. This is going to be a tough physical game just like last seasons Wild Card round, but the result will be the same. We'll worry about young Warren Moon when he shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes