PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, Pats should 100% go WR tomorrow. There's some studs up there. OL got savaged. The better value is WR. Sit Maye a year and then spend the next year building the line up.
Agree, good value at WR, some projects available at OT. Let Brissett take the hits this year, focus on the line next year in free agency and the draft. Maye needs time anyway

Bills cap situation can’t absorb Aiyuk. Too much dead money from Diggs
We've all learned the cap is crap you can do whatever you want to push money down the road.

Any team can pretty much free up $30m if they want to, the Patriots should be all in on Aiyuk if you want to get serious give the 2nd pick and 30m a year and fix this offense with a #1 WR who is a proven player.

Yeah like 3-4 rounds too early
I think Rattler goes in 2nd or 3r

Imagine being a Bills fan, waiting all night til pick 28, watching them trade with the hated Chiefs of all teams to 32, staying up that little bit longer to the last pick at 32, then they trade out of round 1 entirely and make zero picks lol
Reminds us of the good old days!

Last edited:
you’re all really horny for Aiyuk
You know what they say when you're hanging out around only 2's or 3's for a while. A 6 starts lookin' really nice.

Edit: Aiyuk is definitely better than a 6, but I'm just saying...

Imagine being a Bills fan, waiting all night til pick 28, watching them trade with the hated Chiefs of all teams to 32, staying up that little bit longer to the last pick at 32, then they trade out of round 1 entirely and make zero picks lol
Sounds they let BB into the draft room.

They badly need a guy like DeJean. Im sure they could find DBs later in the draft, but you lose Tre White, Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer, you need a future leader back there.

You know what they say when you're hanging out around only 2's or 3's for a while. A 6 starts lookin' really nice.

Edit: Aiyuk is definitely better than a 6, but I'm just saying...
The issue is Aiyuk is a WR2. He's probably the best #2 WR along with Waddle, but still a WR2. Also you do have to consider that he's on a team where people have to worry about Deebo and Kittle and even the RB before they start thinking about how to stop him. That isn't happening here. Aiyuk would be the priority weapon people worry about. Now he's solid and definitely would be a good addition... but you could draft a WR who is cheaper that could have a potential ceiling of a WR1.

Btw, Pats should 100% go WR tomorrow. There's some studs up there. OL got savaged. The better value is WR. Sit Maye a year and then spend the next year building the line up.
The only stud left is Adonai Mitchell, who I imagine the Bills are going to take, and then you're in Ladd McConkey territory.
They'd be better off taking the best corner available tomorrow.

I think Buffalo is going A. Mitchell or L. McConkey. Whoever is left of those 2 I hope we get.

Btw just to end the night, 71% of the first round was offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes