PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest this is such a Kirk Cousins situation. The Penix pick means Cousins will be released after 2 years, at which time he will sign YET ANOTHER mega deal with some other team and probably crack $500 million in career earnings.

He is the best Biz-man in NFL history already....

If one of these top prospects the Pats need falls to 23, the Pats may want to trade up with Minnesota at 23. They can send a 4th rounder to replenish the one that Minnesota sent the Jets in their earlier move, pick 34, and a 2025 pick.

If one of these top prospects the Pats need falls to 23, the Pats may want to trade up with Minnesota at 23. They can send a 4th rounder to replenish the one that Minnesota sent the Jets in their earlier move, pick 34, and a 2025 pick.

Hmm, MIN just traded up to JAX's spot....

Schefter: “Denver taught Nix their offense, they wanted him the whole time”

Vikings: “why the **** did we trade up with the Jets then”
Maybe to keep the Raiders from moving up for McCarthy?

All I can say is 6 QBs taken in the first 12 picks. Wow! This is clearly considered a 'golden generation' by the teams in the NFL.

Hopefully we got one of the best of them with Drake Maye in this draft.

A lot of hope and new signal callers coming into the league from this year's draft class.
No chance. Most suck. They just all realized they get job security for at least 3 years.

Note: Gregg has a dry sense of humor.

I thought min goes with a cb here
They signed two edge rushers and are weak at cb

Hard to see thomas going to bengals, rams, steelers, dolphins, eagles. Barring one of those teams trading down hes there at 23. Winder what itd take to go from 34 to 23

Feels like Cincy has been trying to fix their OT situation for years.

Latu is nasty. If he stays healthy he'll be a beast. Very very versatile, understands what blocks are coming at him.
No clue who that is but I am always in for moving up in the draft.
I love Thomas Jr

Big time basketball background, very good player.

he's a perfect flanker/end in the wco while taking a small % from the slot.

He's a gazelle in the open field. Electric runner, stop & start ability at almost 6'3/210. He can sink accelerate very quick up to a real 4.3. Plus acceleration with an extra gear.

Variety of hesitation releases. Needs to get stronger to handle real NFL press but he's a big boy that can handle some muscle.

HWS guy that is right up there with what GB and NE likes from WR.

Plus focus and strength on contested catches. Can go up and get the ball high and away from his body.

Big time blocker. Daniels ran even when he didn't have to and Thomas blocked his ass off.

Doesn't lose speed from catch to run can weave and shift without losing speed.

Plus tracker that stays in stride, doesn't lose speed and always focused.

Not many negatives besides his lack of route tree but that was on LSU. They ran a very simple system. What he did do he was great at. Analytics don't like him bc he didn't breakout until now but I love his game.

So if I understand this right, Minnesota came into this draft with two 1sts, zero 2nds, zero 3rds, two 4ths and two 5ths.

They also had zero 2nds next year.

They’ve now traded one of their two 4ths and both of their two 5ths, plus their only 3rd and 5th next year, to move up 1 slot from 10 to 11 and 6 slots from 23 to 17.

So now they will have pick 10, 17, one 4th, one 6th and two 7ths this year, and their one 1st, one 4th, one 6th and one 7th next year.

Talk about emptying the cupboard…

fautanu and guyton left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand