PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Milfson…

Looks like Atlanta can cut Cousins after 2 seasons when he’s 38 as a post-June 1 designation, they’d only incur $12M in dead money and gain $45M in cap savings. Penix would then start in his third season at 25 years old, they’d have some time with him before needing to get him on an extension.
Learn from a vet, then be ready. Quality formula.

Honestly I don't hate it. Get a guy who can be ready in 2 years with an aging vet. If it doesn't workout, you roll with Kirk another year and try again.
That’s what I wanted the Pats to do.

I've seen a lot of Bo Nix, that guy going 12th overall to anyone who's seen him play more than 10 full games will blow your mind.

That's the classic chasing the river in the desert and convincing yourself you see something that just isn't there. Was absolutely brutal at Auburn and lost every big game at Oregon.

Had one decent season out of 5 and that's a 12th pick, wow QB needy teams get desperate.

I get you need a QB to win in this league but if you have a crappy QB you need really good supporting talent. What are these teams doing?

Bill dropping interesting facts -

Nix highest rated passer in the pocket.

Maye worst rated passer in the pocket.

Rut-roh, Ahole is on McAfee!

Anyone guesstimate what time our next pick is in?
I'm too lazy

There are teams in the teens who are going to benefit from this QB run. Some top 10 talent left Bowers at this point is an absolute steal.

Raiders without a dance partner

Interesting to see who the next wr will be taken now that the big 3 are gone. Honestly dont see any going till mid 20s barring a trade up by buffalo/kc

6 QBs in the top 12 pix...wow.

12 picks in and not a single defensive player but 6 quarterbacks.....unbelievable!

Schefter: “Denver taught Nix their offense, they wanted him the whole time”

Vikings: “why the **** did we trade up with the Jets then”

I guess GMs finally figured out a high 1st round QB guarantees them at least 3 years of job security

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes