PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

2021 NFL mock draft: Todd McShay's early predictions for all 32 first-round picks

1. Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Washington: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
3. Bengals: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
4. Panthers: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
5. Dolphins: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
6. Giants: Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State
7. Lions: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
8. Jets: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
9. Raiders: Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami
10. Cardinals: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
11. Chargers: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
12. Broncos: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
13. Falcons: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame
14. Bears: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
15. Dolphins (via HOU): Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
16. Browns: Carlos Basham Jr., DE, Wake Forest
17. Jaguars (via LAR): Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
18. Packers: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan
19. Titans: Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
20. Colts: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
21. Vikings: Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
22. Steelers: Trey Smith, OT/G, Tennessee
23. Bills: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
24. Jets (via LAR): Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
25. Bucs: Jay Tufele, DT, USC
26. Patriots: Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama
27. Eagles: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
28. Cowboys: Patrick Jones, DE, Pittsburgh
29. 49ers: Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
30. Ravens: Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State
31. Saints: Charleston Rambo, WR, Oklahoma
32. Chiefs: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Elite prospect, that'd be tremendous...If Hightower does return (which I expect), he's still not going to be here much longer, need a replacement

PFN have a 4 round mock up. Bearing in mind they don't include comp picks, they have us taking:

J'Marr Chase WR LSU
Mac Jones QB Alabama
Levi Onwuzrike DL Washington Huskies

PFN have a 4 round mock up. Bearing in mind they don't include comp picks, they have us taking:

J'Marr Chase WR LSU
Mac Jones QB Alabama
Levi Onwuzrike DL Washington Huskies

I would be really happy with Chase, wouldn't mind a qb in the first round either but the trade up is maybe to expensive with projected 7 wins or sth..our 3 biggest needs are adressed..with Onwuzurike an DT for inside pressure 3 down linemen probably who could need more pounds though

I also have a habit at looking at the various mock drafts on a weekly basis and we are only through mid season....lol. If we keep playing hot and cold then I can see the draft forum being red hot with who we should take and you know what ?....we will all be wrong.

The 3 players you mention would be very exciting and fill some needs for sure

I also have a habit at looking at the various mock drafts on a weekly basis and we are only through mid season....lol. If we keep playing hot and cold then I can see the draft forum being red hot with who we should take and you know what ?....we will all be wrong.

The 3 players you mention would be very exciting and fill some needs for sure
It feels harder to project where a prospect will go bc of the opt outs..before the season i would have said Chase is the First wr off the board for sure but Smith is showing he can be a True number one as well so its little harder to compare it for me

It feels harder to project where a prospect will go bc of the opt outs..before the season i would have said Chase is the First wr off the board for sure but Smith is showing he can be a True number one as well so its little harder to compare it for me

I agree. I think pro days are going to be very important for the prospects this year( if they have them this year). I think smith made a case for wr1 as well as jaylen waddle before the injury.

Still early as can be, but unless there's a true franchise QB for us there...I hope NE addresses TE and DL earliest

Pitts/Friermuth and Wilson/Shelton are my top guys there

Still early as can be, but unless there's a true franchise QB for us there...I hope NE addresses TE and DL earliest

Yes, I expect WR to be addressed, but in FA...hopefully Robinson or JuJU

We need a QB, would love Zach Wilson or Kyle Trask

Just had a quick look this am and the most common round 1 picks are Trask/Pitts/Waddle/Smith

Just had a quick look this am and the most common round 1 picks are Trask/Pitts/Waddle/Smith
Pitts would be excellent even though he doesn't block much if at all

Probably will not be any of the ones I mentioned ....lol. I guess there is no exact formula as to which position you would draft and which position you would take from FA. I think the DLine will be high on our draft picks

I agree and seeing as how we’ll probably be picking outside the top ten I think the value of the draft would be receiver or tight end. I don’t know for sure if there is any top flight d linemen this year( I haven’t done too much scouting yet so I could be wrong.) so hopefully your right. My hope is either chase, waddle, or pitts are available.

Yes, I expect WR to be addressed, but in FA...hopefully Robinson or JuJU

I’m hoping for Chris Godwin. He’d be a great pickup.

Pitts would be not my choice at that point in the first. We already have drafted to rookie TE who couldn't show much due to injuries and not much preparation in camp. I would like to see them playing a lot next year and see what they can bring. My need ranking there would be qb, wr, idl, ilb; but as it looks right now i don't see any DT good enough for the range we are picking

Edit: If Parsons is gone ILB neither, so what is left? QB WR O-Line maybe DB if Gilmore and JMac leave

Last edited:

I’m wondering if we can get an edge rusher with 1st. Ossai from Texas. Trade up for Freiermuth in 2nd? He’s out for year now. PSU doesn’t release injury info. Bunch of good wr’s in free agency. Not crazy about DT’s free agency or draft.

With the loss to Houston, we now have the 12th pick in the first round.

I see 5 wide receivers with a first round grade.

chase
Waddle
Smith
Moore
Marshall

with the 12th pick, we have an excellent shot at waddle.

in the second round, we follow up with dt Davis of Georgia.

then with the 3rd round combo pick, we have to take right offensive tackle faalala of minn. he is a beast. With thuney probably leaving, we can move onwenu to left guard and slide faalala into the right tackle spot.

If I had to choose , then I would assume we still have something in the two TE's we selected last year so I would go WR best available ! , I still think DLine is more important but a few posters think this year is not a strong year for them. I dont know.

In fact what is 2021 going to be good for QB / WR ????.....there does not seem to be any obvious standout position so far

If I had to choose , then I would assume we still have something in the two TE's we selected last year so I would go WR best available ! , I still think DLine is more important but a few posters think this year is not a strong year for them. I dont know.

In fact what is 2021 going to be good for QB / WR ????.....there does not seem to be any obvious standout position so far
I would say DB gets more attention than last year supposed to be deeper class, TE as well..

I don't see Pats paying big bucks for a FA WR. Offense has pieces in place that can be supplemented through mid level FA. Defense needs bolstering badly. NT-ILB-Pass Rusher.

I don't see Pats paying big bucks for a FA WR. Offense has pieces in place that can be supplemented through mid level FA. Defense needs bolstering badly. NT-ILB-Pass Rusher.

I agree 100 percent! Bb will sign young wide receivers for next to nothing, but we need quality front seven defenders desperately, especially defensive ends!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back