PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Patriots finish at 12-4. This is the third best record in team history. Pretty good for a team with no receivers, an aging defense and a QB with bad body language. To finish winning three in a row is a good way to enter the playoffs. I really like our chances this year, but one game at a time. Bring on the Jets.

12-4 is a damn good record and the team has a lot to be proud of. Of course, we hope for much, much more but this was a successful regular season.

I had predicted 12-4 before the first game. But, we beat the teams that I thought we would lose to so I'm no genius.

But, 12-4 is a very good record for a team who was critized constantly by the media and some of it's fans.:rocker:

The Patriots finish at 12-4. This is the third best record in team history. Pretty good for a team with no receivers, an aging defense and a QB with bad body language. To finish winning three in a row is a good way to enter the playoffs. I really like our chances this year, but one game at a time. Bring on the Jets.

This team is showing a lot off toughness, hard battle today. My losses were off but the predication was on track.

Nice to see a couple of long balls to Caldwell. I also like how productive the running game has been in the 4th quarter of the last couple games. Should be a classic on Sunday. Go pats.

Consensus was 12-4, with the losses coming unexpectedly. Not too shabby for a rebuilding year.

My thoughts were 12-4 this yr, thought we win more at home though... The season was about as well as could be expected in a so called rebuilding yr..

I predicted 13-3 this year. Yet, I am very happy with the 12-4. I am very pleased they played to win today. Good momentum....

I was another who put the season at 12-4 (although I think I also went 13-3 or 11-5 on an occasion or two, but mainly stuck with 12-4. I also opined you never know WHO the hot team will be any given year, and you can't look at the schedule and pick out the wins and losses. I also told all the "16-0" idjits to get stuffed, but nicely of course.

Okay, who didn't right?

BUT -- I added Tennessee as my surprise team, and said at the time, "they might not make the playoffs, but don't be surprised if they end up 8-8."

Of course, in my mind this would be accomplished by the Volek-Bennett connection. Minor detail.

BRING ON DA JEST!!!

PFnV

3 games ago, in my own mind, I thought this team would probably finish 10-6, or 11-5 if they had to to win the div. 12-4 only shows me that the Pats are still improving. To be improving going into the playoffs is big, IMO.

You can't just look at past performance and say, "Well, this is how they'll do--". They haven't played their best yet.

Last edited:
I thought they had a good chance at 14-2 at the beginning of the year with the Colts and Denver at home, o well. Either way I'm pretty happy w/ the way the team is playing heading into the playoffs. There are a lot of years where 12-4 gets a bye. That's just a tough break.

Good defense. Tom Brady. I'll take my shot w/ that any day.

Thought this team was good for 12 or 13 wins at the beginning of the year, they finished fast and well which bodes well for us as we begin the tournament.

i predicted 13-3; so i was too very very near

what a season from our Pats !!!

grandi !

Last edited:
12-4 is pretty good. Bill Walsh in Coors Light ad..lol

12-4, that's one game more than our first SB win!! And in that playoff, we had a bye. My how the AFC has gotten stronger.

12-4, that's one game more than our first SB win!! And in that playoff, we had a bye. My how the AFC has gotten stronger.

Agreed.
12-4 after everything that's gone down this year is nothing short of outstanding,and shows just how tough they are,mentally and physically.

I had predicted 12-4 before the first game. But, we beat the teams that I thought we would lose to so I'm no genius.

But, 12-4 is a very good record for a team who was critized constantly by the media and some of it's fans.:rocker:

I actually predicted 11-5, so they over-performed by my expectations...

But the funniest thing is, having rooted for the Pats my whole life, it is almost comical that we now EXPECT 10-11-12 wins a year!

I can remember thinking it would be nice if they cold just play .500 ball consistently!

Thank you, Bob Kraft & Bill Belichick and the whole organization!

12-4 is great. But in my mind should have been 13-3. Why we abandoned the run vs Indy after we were gashing them for 8-10 yards a carry in the first quarter is beyond me.

However that is spilt milk and I think they have learned from their mistakes. We are playing great football and have just beat a ton of good teams this season.

I was very happy with 12-4 considering we lost our 2 best WR's.

yeah yeah, everybody predicted 12-4 before the season ;)

why dont we all do a pool JUST on the pats games next year!! there are plenty of sites that support it. NEM you would run the pool right?

I predicted 12-4 largely because of the schedule. Our nondivision games were the hideous NFC North and AFC South, which included what at the beginning of the year I thought were 2 auto wins in Houston and Tennessee and was actually 1 auto win and 1 nice win yesterday. Plus the AFC East was better than I thought it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes