PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady goes to the Doofins or Jets….

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
His legacy here in my opinion will be a bit tarnished. Tom…think this through…..don’t go to a team that has been in YOUR Former division and an ENEMY for the past 20+ years…..You can get your final payday out of Raiders, Titans or San Francisco and ALL will be Well……but please don’t go to a hated rival in Patriots division…..

Honestly? It was already tarnished when I realized he had been flirting with the Dolphins while still a Patriot.

Love what he did for NE and the trophies will always remain, but his legacy will 100% be harmed of he goes to a rival especially if he becomes a part owner of the Dolphins.

Honestly? It was already tarnished when I realized he had been flirting with the Dolphins while still a Patriot.

Love what he did for NE and the trophies will always remain, but his legacy will 100% be harmed of he goes to a rival especially if he becomes a part owner of the Dolphins.
How will his Legacy be harmed exactly? Do you think winning 7 SBs will somehow be harmed by ending his career w/ a 3rd team?

Brady's legacy in New England is cemented. Nothing since leaving here can change that. His success in Tampa Bay has only strengthened his overall legacy. Given his opportunity now as a free agent, he should look for the situation that maximizes his chances for success again.

San Francisco would probably be the best spot but we'll see what happens with Purdy first.

Las Vegas with a few tweaks could be a great opportunity for one or two more prolific seasons. The familiarity of working with McDaniels as well is a major bonus.

Miami works for a few different reasons but an offense with Hill and Waddle is pretty hard to pass up. The drama of Brady going head to head with Belichick in the division would be pretty special too.

NYJ isn't happening. Brady's not going anywhere at this point that isn't warm or in a dome.

Where is this coming from? Would be shocked if he comes into division especially Miami who has a QB even though he maybe injured. The optics of pushing him to the side would not be good.

That said I always found it weird how fans (all team sports not just NFL) have no problem (or at least understand it) when their team gets rid of a player but then they get all pissy if said player goes to a team they don't want them to go to.

Last edited:
I've never thought of the Dolphins or Bills as hated divisional rivals.

The Jets yes.

There are only 3 teams I could never root for with Brady playing for them, Jets, Steelers and Ravens.

Even if he played for the Jets it wouldn't change the fact he won 6 superbowls here and brought us 20 years of greatness

As hard as it may be…yup, I will disown Brady if he signed with the Jets…

The Dolphins? Well, that would suck….but it is a bit different…2/3rds of his kids are in Miami….and it is nice and warm….

His legacy here in my opinion will be a bit tarnished. Tom…think this through…..don’t go to a team that has been in YOUR Former division and an ENEMY for the past 20+ years…..You can get your final payday out of Raiders, Titans or San Francisco and ALL will be Well……but please don’t go to a hated rival in Patriots division…..
His sole reason would be to get back at BB. Big Oaf Gronk would join him too.

A lot of folks in NE are sick of Brady.

Tom. Please retire. Yes, you can still play, but stop anyway. Get into the comms booth.
Brady has gone to the playoffs every season since he left.

I dont see him leaving the game now.

I don’t know why his legacy would be tarnished. It’s the natural course of the life of a pro athlete.

I don’t think of Gretzky as a STL Blue, I remember him dominating the puck. I don’t think older people care much about Mays flopping around his last season, they recall him diving for the catch in CF for the Giants.

Almost all alltime great athletes have played for more than one team and they were all better in their prime. If Brady goes for another 10 years and looks bad doing it, people will wonder ‘why’ but they won’t forget the domination in NE.

His sole reason would be to get back at BB. Big Oaf Gronk would join him too.

A lot of folks in NE are sick of Brady.
I’ve been sick of Alex G / headshot water Brady for years. But I love me some “we’re gonna win this game no matter what” Brady. That’s the Brady that has always counted for me. Sports athlete for the team I root for. I have never understood why fans become so obsessed with the personalities and such. You can love watching weirdos perform for your team. Case in point : Gronk, BB, Brady. All weirdos I’ve enjoyed watching perform on Sundays. None of which I’d choose as a friend.

I’ve been sick of Alex G / headshot water Brady for years. But I love me some “we’re gonna win this game no matter what” Brady. That’s the Brady that has always counted for me. Sports athlete for the team I root for. I have never understood why fans become so obsessed with the personalities and such. You can love watching weirdos perform for your team. Case in point : Gronk, BB, Brady. All weirdos I’ve enjoyed watching perform on Sundays. None of which I’d choose as a friend.
The real truth about some of our icons isnt pretty.

If he went to the jesters?……..

would the STANK ruin him and he exits the league as a crippled has been?

or would his drive and energy inspire them to overcome the downward inertia of suckiness (and the owner)?

my money is on the STANK; don’t do it Tom; if so, you WILL regret it.

Where is this coming from? Would be shocked if he comes into division especially Miami who has a QB even though he maybe injured. The optics of pushing him to the side would not be good.

That said I always found it weird how fans (all team sports not just NFL) have no problem (or at least understand it) when their team get rid of a player but then they get all pissy if said players goes to a team they don't want them to go to.

The never-ending need by some here to post useless threads in general and Brady-centric threads in particular. A Brady Forum-worthy speculative post masquerading as relevant to the Patriots, six weeks prior to the start of free agency.

How will his Legacy be harmed exactly? Do you think winning 7 SBs will somehow be harmed by ending his career w/ a 3rd team?

LOL, he didn't win 7 super bowls in NE. What he did in Tampa is irrelevant to his Patriots legacy. The OP is talking about his legacy HERE. But we do understand that some people like Brady over the patriots.

I learned a few years ago that Brady cares for...Brady. He doesn't care for the NE fans or Tampa fans. Like Edelman said a few weeks ago, Brady will go wherever he thinks he can win. He has zero loyalty to any fanbase. And we should have zero loyalty to him in response.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back