PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones makes NFL Top 100 as a rookie

Idk if he’s really a top 100 player yet but he definitely will be soon.

Ranked above Kirk Cousins, which I honestly can't say I agree with yet despite how much I think Cousins is overrated, overpaid, and will never take any team anywhere.

Ranked above Kirk Cousins, which I honestly can't say I agree with yet despite how much I think Cousins is overrated, overpaid, and will never take any team anywhere.
And the overrated and overpaid Cousins is on our Schedule this year. :)

Last edited:
That's cool.

I think Mac won over a lot of his peers at the Pro Bowl and with that griddy lol

That's cool.

I think Mac won over a lot of his peers at the Pro Bowl and with that griddy lol
He also played well during the season

The McCorkle clocks in at #85.

That means hes getting recognition around the league for his skills

Its a bit of a popularity contest, but ill take it for our 2nd year QB!

That means hes getting recognition around the league for his skills

Its a bit of a popularity contest, but ill take it for our 2nd year QB!
I think he's the only rookie QB ranked.

In my QB rankings for the 2022 season I have Cousins at 12 and Jones at 16...

12. Kirk Cousins
13. Derek Carr
14. Dak Prescott
15. Matt Ryan
16. Mac Jones

It's pretty difficult to justify ranking Jones above a veteran quarterback with a 98.6 career quarterback rating. He's also had 30 or more TDs in 3 of the last 4 seasons and he's a relatively low INT passer (his INT% of 2.2% is tied for 16th all-time). His 66.9% completion percentage is 3rd best in the history of the NFL... that's impressive. He's 1-2 in 3 postseason starts... he played decently the win over New Orleans and in a blowout loss to Green Bay. San Francisco dominated Minnesota across the board in the other loss. Cousins is not nearly as bad as some people say he is.

In my QB rankings for the 2022 season I have Cousins at 12 and Jones at 16...

12. Kirk Cousins
13. Derek Carr
14. Dak Prescott
15. Matt Ryan
16. Mac Jones

It's pretty difficult to justify ranking Jones above a veteran quarterback with a 98.6 career quarterback rating. He's also had 30 or more TDs in 3 of the last 4 seasons and he's a relatively low INT passer (his INT% of 2.2% is tied for 16th all-time). His 66.9% completion percentage is 3rd best in the history of the NFL... that's impressive. He's 1-2 in 3 postseason starts... he played decently the win over New Orleans and in a blowout loss to Green Bay. San Francisco dominated Minnesota across the board in the other loss. Cousins is not nearly as bad as some people say he is.
If you watch how his stats are developed you would feel differently.

If you watch how his stats are developed you would feel differently.
Can you be specific?

For his career Cousins has a quarterback rating of 102.8 in games decided by 0-7 points. Looking over his career splits I can't find anything that he's particularly bad at.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back