Replies:
Asking for your support

How Will Lord Favre Affect the Jets?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The folowing thread title will be on Jetsinsider on 10/2/08;

NO TRUST IN THE LORD

Favre's ego is obviously massive. The desperate Jest fans will feed his ego - until he throws a couple of games away. Then Lord Favre will get to feel the media's heat in the nasty notheast....no matter how much aloe ESPN rubs on his burns. This 'aint Wisconsin, Brett.

All that said, Brett does give them a better chance at victory than Chad - or Kellen, who is actually worse than Chad. If he fails to deliver - and by that I mean a playoff spot - Brett will "retire" and leave the Jets in dire straights for a QB.... AGAIN. A bonus would be the firing of that pizza-faced scumbag, Mangini.

As an aside, my guess is that you won't be hearing all the biatching from Jets fans about the upcoming PSL structures. Woody Johnson made millions by being shrewd, folks.

As a Pats fan, I ADORE THIS TRADE. LOVE IT. BRING IT!

Last edited:
I feel lilke I can't make an opinion on this. I can't predict how Farve will play or how all the new Jests will gel together. Either it's gonna work out great for them and they become a playoff team, or it crashes and burns in a trash-filled Jersey scum swamp. However, I'm already far more excited for the Jets/Pats games this season.

Serious wild card contender, but that's not saying much.

I think Favre's head is a bit messed up and he'll resent not finishing his career in Green Bay. This will result in a very shaky Jets training camp and early season. However, the guy is a competitor and will settle in and will help the Jets win a couple of games they probably wouldn't have won otherwise, putting them in contention for the 6th playoff seed. Still, he's not the guy who won 3 MVPs anymore. If the Jets expect him to be the missing piece to a serious title run, they're high.

Regards,
Chris

I agree that his head is messed up. Deanna and Bus did him no favors. Whether the competitor in him emerges at all or gets ground up early on will depend on a lot of variables including how the Pack is doing, how the NY/NJ fanbase and mediots react - they will be a lot less tolerant than in GB - if his ego and Mangini's avoid a public collision, how Chad does in Miami or Minnesota or wherever...whether or not some of the malcontents still on the JETS start taking pot shots at the move to payback Mangini. Brett may live to regret not taking the marketing deal. At best he does well enough to keep the ball washers yapping about what might have been, at worst they start mumbling about how much of his legacy is longevity driven career stats as opposed to stunning performance.

Best case scenario they cross the .500 line. Worst case they duplicate last season. They aren't going to the playoffs, not that getting there would do them any good.

Just enough of a tease to make the playoffs as a Wild Card team, getting Jetsfans hopes sky high, only to watch as Favre throws 4-6 INTs in the game to end the season and MangIdiot's career.

You forgot "EPIC FAIL" as an option. :D

Regardless of the record, Favre will make the games fun to watch!

This is great for our division, as the Pats will get less scrutiny. Thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents