PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR versus LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I was looking at the next level scouting report and something jumped out at me from the Ohio State pro day report.

http://www.nextlevelscoutinginc.com/...ew&id=13&Itemi d=28

Santonio Holmes was judged the only first round WR until Jackson's workout warrior efforts, at the combine awed the stopwatch scouts, and he too became a first round candidate.

No, I would not infer that Carpenter's attitude ruined him from the report.

Did you look at what Carpenter ran the short shuttle and 3 cone in AS COMPARED to Santonio Holmes the WR? Holmes ran a 4.22 versus Carps 4.28 and a 3 cone at 6.82 versus Carp's 6.80.

IOW, the big, heavy, presumed clumsy, presumed unathletic LB, out coned and just about matched the short shuttle of the presumed speedy gazelle WR! Now either the gazelle is highly OVERATED, or Carpenter's athleticism is highly UNDERATED.

Which is it?

Another significant stat from the OSU pro day. Anthony Schlegel ran a 4.72 at 6' 0" and a half, 250#. He is widely acepted a hard working, intuitive, play caller and play diagnostician, as an ILB. He hits like a truck and is very smart.

He was downgraded as being only a two down run stuffer who ran a 5.0 forty. He vaults up in the ILB standings in my opinion. Compare him to Alabama's Fred Roach with his 8 on the Wonderlic for example, whose 4.75 forty elevated him supposedly into the fourth/fifth round by scouts. Some of those same scouts had Schlegel as a FA due to lack of speed...

what happened to all of the previous threads on this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News