PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think of the WR position, I take last year as a guideline. For the most part we went with 5WR total (Counting Matthew Slater) so that is why I include him in my 5 WR's. I realize he will rarely see the field as a WR, but that is his position.

lol. it amazes me how this guy still has a roster spot on the team. His ass should've been traded a long time ago
He's so awful he doesn't hasn't deserved a roster spot for a long time so someone will give you something for him? Really?

It would be nice to get another solid WR in the draft, but with our top 4 right now, along with Gronkowski and Bennett at TE, and Lewis and White at RB, it may not be a priority.

The back and forth here about Slater is kinda funny...like he has to be included because he's technically a wide receiver, or listed that way? This isn't a court filing. Slater should not be included in WR conversations, it clutters up the lists.

Also, agreed on being pretty much done with Dobson. I feel like he's maybe one of those guys that would have responded to Parcells...he needs a kick in the tail. Or he just intrinsically sucks. One or the other.

Wow time flies...Dobson has managed to stay on the Patriots for 4 years! The guy just doesn't take the game seriously enough. He still acts like he's a college guy trying to learn and improve. By now, you should be at the top of your game, and right now he's much worse than he was as a rookie.

Cannot believe that me including a WR on a WR list is causing this much discussion. I do apologize for causing such a crazy act. How about we talk about what the top 4 WR will look like.

What I think is most likely at the moment:
Edelman
Amendola
Hogan
Martin

My assumption is that Dobson will get another chance in training camp and if he doesn't show anything he is gone. I could see Chris Harper beating him out again. Hopefully, we draft someone who is at least a little better than the both of those guys. Dobson is just very frustrating to me overall.

My assumption is that Dobson will get another chance in training camp and if he doesn't show anything he is gone. I could see Chris Harper beating him out again. Hopefully, we draft someone who is at least a little better than the both of those guys. Dobson is just very frustrating to me overall.

When did Harper beat out Dobson?

Overall I agree. I don't think its a question of if Dobson will be cut but when.

What's the rule on listing slater as an interior lineman? Can he still play gunner? Declare every time he's out there? That'll mess with the league and I'd love that.

Because of the inevitable injuries, at the beginning of TC we should have 8 legit WRs capable of contributing. My realistic TC depth chart:

Edelman

Hogan

Amendola

Martin

Nate Washington

Rookie

Brandon Gibson

Dropson

Harper

While we do not run many 5 wide receiver plays, you need 5 in case somebody gets hurt.

Brady trusts Edelman, amendola, gronkowski, Lewis and white.

Martin is in the verge of joining the trusted list.

We need 2 wide receivers to join the Brady circle of trust.

Dobson is soon to join Jackson, Johnson and countless others in the too stupid to learn the playbook failure group.

1 Edelman
2 Hogan
3 Amendola
4 Martin
5 Dobson/FA/Pick
6 FA/Pick

lol. it amazes me how this guy still has a roster spot on the team. His ass should've been traded a long time ago

If he's not good enough to be our number 5, what makes you think he's tradeable?

1. Edelman
2. Hogan
3. FA (Pats & Amendola can't work out a restructure)
4. Martin
5. Draft Pick

I don't think its a question of if Dobson will be cut but when.

It's a shame because there have been rare times when he shines. Even during this year's horrible season, he still had a 7/87 game in week 2 at Buffalo. It seems so odd to receive so many looks in one game and then barely even see another sniff from there on out. I'm sad to say that I never bought into the 2013 WR hype--at all.

May as well give him a look in TC since he knows the offense and is cheap, but I certainly won't be expecting him to make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back