PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Pats be interested in Thomas Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout bringin him in to mentor LoMo a little... Dont get me wrong, I dont like LoMo just like alot of people on these boards, but he kno's the system and he'll be dirt cheap... Alot of people consider him a bust alreadii... This is do or die for him this year anywaii... Take a shot...

No. Don't want a 32 year old RB. He is a product of the Jets' amazing offensive line. I see him play a lot. He was slowing down at the end of last year and didn't hit the hole nearly as fast as Greene. That's why Greene took over in the playoffs.

You stick Maroney behind that line and I guarantee he puts up stats better than Jones. The way the Jets can blow people off the LOS is amazing. Hopefully Faneca and Woody start to decline a little b/c that O-line is very hard to play against.

Except he is a "young" 30 since he hardly played early in his career, Unlike LeClassy Turdlinson, who is effectively finished at 30 given the wear and tear he seen in 10 yrs

Not to say he couldn't have a successful year or two here, but the way BB's operated, it just seems like we get RBs on the downside of their career.

I wouldn't pay him big money at his age
How do you define big money?

Jones was scheduled to receive $5.8 mil from the Jests (a $3 million roster bonus and a $2.8 million salary) in 2010, and he refused to re-negotiate it, so I don't think he plans on signing anywhere for pocket change.

Last edited:
How do you define big money?

Jones was scheduled to receive $5.8 mil from the Jests (a $3 million roster bonus and a $2.8 million salary) in 2010, and he refused to re-negotiate it, so I don't think he plans on signing anywhere for pocket change.
I can see $2-3M with incentives, roughly the same as I'd offer Faulk.

It would be fun to send him out for the coin flip!

I would agree that this OL needs to be addressed as much as the RB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore