PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does Addai...Look so much better than...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^wide left: 6.2 ypc

left/right can be between guard/tackle and maybe right behind the guards ..i mean outside of tackle is better for him
They can't just run him Wide Left. He's going to be our top RB next year and any run that's not a sweep to the left is a bad call ?

:bricks:

Maroney isn't just a speed back. Watch the games when he actually gets a chance to run. He'll bowl people over, spin, stiff arm, he blocks well. The difference to me is the fact that the Colts have such an incredible passing game. Hell, they have threats at every receiving position. We don't. When Maroney was in the game, you knew he was going to get the carry, and so did the oppositions D. Just watch the games. Ball is snapped, handoff to maroney, all lanes stuffed and maroney is nailed down. He never had a chance to really get it going. Not to mention his injury problem late in the yr.
I don't understand why so many people are second guessing maroney. He was a rookie. He played great IMO. When our offense gets rolling and more in sync, holes will open up for maroney. Next yr. barring injuries, he's practically guaranteed to improve. Just be patient.

thank you

i didnt mean he was just a speed back..i mean for a guy his speed..let him get outside more and isolated since he can make moves and break tackles..when you run inside and dotn get everyone blocked..you get ganged tackled more and have less space. our WRs are usually 1 on 1..they never get doubled..only Watson sometimes. Teams are confident their corner can do well against our WRs and they move a safety in the box or play run for most part and let corners play football

They can't just run him Wide Left. He's going to be our top RB next year and any run that's not a sweep to the left is a bad call ?

:bricks:

i didnt say run him wide left over and over and over..i said let him take it to outside more often. running inside like a powerback is not his style. i see maroney going inside handoffs way too much

Addai is hitting the hole before it opens. Maroney hesitates. He needs to learn.

With 10,000 yds. on his odometer, Dillon is hitting the holes as quickly as anyone and he has the same offensive co-ordinator.:rolleyes:

The play is designed to create a seam. You go where the play tells you, then improvise if it doesn't work. You know what the play is, the defense doesn't. In the pros, the holes will close if you wait.

Last edited:
Addai is hitting the hole before it opens. Maroney hesitates. He needs to learn.

With 10,000 yds. on his odometer, Dillon is hitting the holes as quickly as anyone and he has the same offensive co-ordinator.:rolleyes:

thats why he gets stuffed more than Maroney per stats.com

Give Maroney a Year of the NFL Diet & Condititioning and he'll be fine. I still think if a running back is available I wouldn't be upset if we took another one. With Dillon getting older and Faulk isn't a young pup either.

I wanted Maroney draft day and would still take him over Addai. Addai just fits our system extremely well.

Sorry Addai lovers lol. :)

I wanted Maroney draft day and would still take him over Addai. Addai just fits our system extremely well.

Sorry Addai lovers lol. :)
Isn't there a Dolts board somewhere ? :confused:

Last edited:
Maroney......Is it the fact that his O line actually OPENS lanes for him....or is he that GREAT of a back? He seems to consistently perform better than Maroney and has over 1,000 yards as a rookie.....Maroney is quite a bit shorter with sharing the carries with Dillon.....but let me ask you this....If Maroney was on the Dolts (perish the thought) would he have had such a blowout year......and would Addai have had a very modest year in New England......Just food for thought!!!! what is your opinion!? thx

Yes, the fact the OLIne actually opens holes for him helps..

The Colts finally put it together when it counted in the playoffs..

1.) Addai doesnt have 8 men in box. Reason: 2 pro bowl WRs

2.) OL is opening holes. Reason: They just work a lot better together.

3.) The playcaller is Peyton. For us, its Skippy McD

Bingo....Its a bunch of factors...

Actually you did :

This quote clearly questions ANY inside run to Maroney.

i mean running him inside over and over and over like hes big Jerome Bettis.

hes not a true powerback.

1.) Addai doesnt have 8 men in box. Reason: 2 pro bowl WRs

2.) OL is opening holes. Reason: They just work a lot better together.

3.) The playcaller is Peyton. For us, its Skippy McD

2) The reason their O-line is opening holes is because they ALL hold worse than anything that Mankins have ever done in a game.

3) More garbage. Peyton is their play-caller while Brady is ours. If you think Brady doesn't have the ability to audible at the LOS based on what he sees, your just being ignorant.

2) The reason their O-line is opening holes is because they ALL hold worse than anything that Mankins have ever done in a game.

3) More garbage. Peyton is their play-caller while Brady is ours. If you think Brady doesn't have the ability to audible at the LOS based on what he sees, your just being ignorant.

um Brady doesnt have as much control as Peyton does of the offense..im not even sure Moore their OC does anything. he calls like 5 plays and Peyton picks.

The play is designed to create a seam. You go where the play tells you, then improvise if it doesn't work. You know what the play is, the defense doesn't. In the pros, the holes will close if you wait.

Because at this point Addai is better, quicker to the hole, better receiver. He really reminds me of a quicker and less powerful Curtis Martin. Maroney should improve after with the offseason program, but at this point he is playing catch up.

Give Maroney time....I really think he was playing hurt......

I wouldn't mind at all if we draft Brain Lenard....I have a feeling our beloved Corey is going to retire....

The only difference I see between Maroney and Addai is that defenses don't stack the line against the Colts like they do against the Pats. It's too difficult, defenses have to account for too many players. Players such as Harrison, Wayne (who are the best tandom in the game) and Dallas Clark. When you have a lot of recieving threats, defenses have to back off because of play action or deep routes. I will give credit to Addai though because he is a very hard and shifty runner with good moves in open space. In addition, he is very good catching balls out of the backfield and picked up their offense extremely quickly. Addai might have been a reach in the first round, but he was the back the Colts were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News