PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why all the hate for Hanson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't? Look, it's finally time to call out one of you girly man Brits to do their duty, step forward and do the kicking job for the Pats. You guys kick the ball around all over the place over there, so just step up and get it done for the Pats. Gawd knows with Hanson back there we need it.

Yeah, rugby/AFL players are awesome punters . . . but I remember seeing JEST punter Ben Graham shank a punt all of nine yards. :rofl:

I am not sure if it is worth hating him but from watching him at todays 8/4 evening practice he is really bad.

Mea Culpa

Welcome to the club, SBB; better late than never.

If the punts of Dirk Johnson (4), Scott Player (13), Sam Paulescu (5), Jeremy Kapinos (5) and Josh Miller (3) are disregarded, then Hanson ranked 26th in gross yard average,
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...d-447263-s=PUNTING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1
and 23rd in net yard average.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...1&d-447263-s=PUNTING_NET_AVERAGE&d-447263-n=1

Notwithstanding the impassioned defenses of Hanson by supporters such as DaBruinz, this is a position that needs upgrading. If NO hadn't acquired our own 5th-rounder in the trade-up from #10 to #7, then I would have used one of those two 5th-rounders on Durant Brooks, who was taken by Washington in the 6th round. We need to develop a young Punter who will team up with Gostkowski and together spearhead our kicking games for the next half-dozen years.

FWIW, Mike Dragosavich has yet to sign with another team, as far as I know.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

reiss's peices said:
5) Hanson aces situational punting. At one point in practice, the Patriots were focusing on the punting game. Chris Hanson was working with a shorter field, so he was attempting to pin the ball inside the 10. On his final two attempts, the ball hit inside the 5 and stayed in the field of play. Nicely done.

One day after I give up on him.

Not only that after his stellar punting performance droping the ball DEAD inside the 5 several times, the crowd burst into loud applause. Then again, that may indicate how boring this practise session was. Videotape of the balls arcing high overhead in a perfect spiral, landing flat and bouncing striaght up to lie dead at the 2 would be ideal for a textbook on punting. The punt coverage arrived beforehand due to the hang time and just stood there waiting for the ball to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents