PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will you be rooting for Sunday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough because I really couldn't tell you who the bigger threat is right now. I'll have to go with Denver in the end because more often than not you cannot count out Pittsburgh as a top threat, regardless of age and the fact that they were sliced up by Tim Tebow. They always find a way to reload and come back to contend.

It's going to be weird seeing manning in those horrid day-glow orange uniforms.

I will be rooting for my fantasy players. Eric Decker & Antonio Brown.

I don't think they are going to win the superbowl, but if you take a team that won it's division last year with Tim Tebow at QB and replace him with arguably one of the best QBs of all time, they must be a contender, no?

The Broncos overachieved by ALOT. They had the stats of a 5 win team, but Tebow heroics made up the other 3 games. They are at most a 9 win team,IMO! The other teams in the division should be better, so that is another problem despite the addition of Peyton Manning.

I am rooting for the Steelers because I want to end the hype before it starts.

Last edited:
I would really like to see the Steelers win by about 20 points, and I'd like to see 2-3 manning Ints, including a pick-6.

Broncos. With time, I have realized that Saint Tony was really the driver of my Colts hate.

It's going to be weird seeing manning in those horrid day-glow orange uniforms.

They should make Manning wear those old striped stockings if they have a throwback game.

60uniform2090324.jpg

I'm rooting for brute physicality.

Manning is going to show up as another aging once great QB that couldn't lead his new team to the promised land after being over paid and over hyped to do so. It makes no real difference when the truth dawns in Denver because it will.

OTOH, saddling the Steelers with a loss just puts them down a game to the Pats.

How about Colts (I mean Denver) win 3-0. Manning throws 3 Int's and gets sacked 6 times, and runs around and gesticulates behind Center 35 times. Meanwhile Ben has a skin break broken leg and is out for the year.

The PG rating of the board precludes me from saying what I think about Dungy - or what I wish for him...

Now that's a tableau I could get my teeth into.

I will be rooting for career-ending injuries to both Rapistbooger & the horse-faced goober.

I am not comparing Tebow with Manning because it obviously is a huge mismatch...but I do believe that Tebow fit well with Denver despite not being QB quality,he had those guys believing they can win and he did well with limited success at QB.....I just dont think Peyton is going to be a good fit in Denver.

Call it a hunch,I just think Elway won't be showing those Donkey teeth smiles too often in 2012

The Broncos were 8-8 last year, partly due to an easy schedule, and very much do to playing a style that allowed them to beat weak teams, and more than anything else because they played excellent defense in some of thier games.

The defense is not as good. It will not be as protected by a ball control offense as it was, and the schedule is much more difficult.
Last year, they were the top rushing offense in the NFL, and it fit the skillset of their offensive players. This year they will try to become a passing team with basically the same players at nonQB positions.

Playing last seasons schedule quality they would struggle to get the same 8-8. Against this years, it could be quite a bit worse.

I am probably in the minority here but I actually like Manning. He gave us some great memories with the Colts, both good and bad.

He is a competitor, a winner, and good for the league.

I am cheering for the Broncos...because he is under center.

OK, but we're not talking Peyton 2012 vs. Peyton 2006, we're talking Peyton 2012 vs Tebow 2011.

fwiw I don't doubt that Bronco's fans have over inflated expectations, but I don't think they will be horrible either.

It will be interesting to see Peyton play a year outside a dome in Denver where you get snowstorms in October and the light air does funny things to footballs, especially to QBs who are used to precise routes and balls zipped in there...

I will always root for Fivehead and his teammates against the Steelers, and twice on Sundays. I could never, under any circumstances, root for the Steelers and their mostly off the charts obnoxious fans.

The Broncos because Peyton long ago passed from being a despised enemy to a respected rival for me.

I thought the way his situation was handled in Indy was a disgrace for the guy who finally gave that franchise its first title in a generation. There are some people in this world you don't ******* kick to the curb just because you can get the next hot thing and Brady and Manning fit the bill for me in that regard.

I know 99% of the NFL viewers out there probably disagree, but to me there are just some people who have meant enough to the franchise that you give them a few subpar years at the end of their career, cheer them on until they retire and remain thankful for the good times they brought you during whatever rebuilding phase comes after.

Sentiment trumps winning at all costs to me.

The Broncos were 8-8 last year, partly due to an easy schedule, and very much do to playing a style that allowed them to beat weak teams, and more than anything else because they played excellent defense in some of thier games.

The defense is not as good. It will not be as protected by a ball control offense as it was, and the schedule is much more difficult.
Last year, they were the top rushing offense in the NFL, and it fit the skillset of their offensive players. This year they will try to become a passing team with basically the same players at nonQB positions.

Playing last seasons schedule quality they would struggle to get the same 8-8. Against this years, it could be quite a bit worse.

I know what you mean, but the only time Tebow has control of the ball is when it's stationary.

I'm rooting for the steelers to begin the decline of Paymeton Manning's legacy

The Broncos because Peyton long ago passed from being a despised enemy to a respected rival for me.

Me too. I will never feel that way about Rapistberger though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe