PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we want to lose on Thursday Night football (Oakland @ Kansas City)?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you want to lose?

• Kansas City Chiefs (9-3)

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Oakland Raiders (10-2)

Votes: 75 84.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely chiefs

and i've been meaning to ask.. what is the tie-breaker that oak has over us?

Da Bears.........

definitely chiefs

Strength of Victory: 0.467 versus 0.358

Tiebreaker basis could change to overall/AFC record with a loss by either or even to record vs common opponents if both lose, but one team loses to a team the other didn't play, but for now the strength of the afcw gives them a leg up.

We are tied at 10-2 with Oakland, but Oakland currently owns the tiebreaker. So obviously, we want Oakland to lose, right?

Only thing is.... Kansas City is only a game behind us, and has a significantly easier remainung schedule than the Raiders. If victorious, will the Chiefs win the #1 Seed? Do we risk playing the AFC title game at Arrowhead?

Your thoughts?
Simple. KC's allegedly easier schedule won't make one whit of difference if the Pats win out. Oakland owing the tiebreaker will.

Assume the Pats win out. Rooting against KC is rooting against HFA for New England.

Duh. We want OAK to lose.

Pats had a harder schedule than KC. It depends on the strength of schedule. Pats will win out1

Both Raiders and Chiefs still need to play Denver and the Chargers. Doesn't matter if at home or away I don't understand why anyone would just assume that any of the two will win out. Division games are tough. Especially against capable opponents and both Denver and the Chargers have a good shot at winning those games.

Would a tie benefit us

Not with either team. Any loss we have would put us behind the Raiders and also lose the tie-breaker advantage we have over the Chefs.

definitely chiefs

I think it works this way: If both teams were to win out, the Raiders would win based on their 4-0 record in common games. Our loss with Jacoby as QB would be the difference in our 3-1 record.

I think it works this way: If both teams were to win out, the Raiders would win based on their 4-0 record in common games. Our loss with Jacoby as QB would be the difference in our 3-1 record.

I don't think it's going to happen though. The Raiders have 3 AFCW road games and a home game with Indy left.

Whatever combination of W-L for both teams that has one of them with the #2 seed, the other one as a WC, and Denver left out of the playoffs. Just make it happen. I don't want to have to figure out how.

so goodell would cost the Pats the #1 seed...great

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand