While U Wait: Nostradamus on today's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Let's play the Nostradamus game! It's fun! It's easy!

CENTURY 10 - 74

THE GAMES OF SLAUGHTER

An revolu de grand nombre septiesme
Apparoistra au temps Jeux d'Hecatombe
Non esloigne du grand eage milliesme
Que les entres sortiront de leur tombe.

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
An obvious reference to the Colts' 7-0 record. It may be argued that this could apply to many Colts' seasons, until you account for the second line, and the title.
it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,
To describe which 7-0 season he's talking about, Nostradamus makes it clear he is describing the one coinciding with the Patriot's margin of victory of 25 points per game.
not far from the age of the great millennium,
Seven years or so, give or take a few months.
when the dead will come out of their graves
This is the sort of final line which would be a cliche, if literally interpreted: yadda yadda yadda, armageddon, end of the world, etc. But in fact it refers to the supposedly dead and buried Patriots coming back this season for a new reign of terror.

Let's play the Nostradamus game! It's fun! It's easy!

CENTURY 10 - 74

THE GAMES OF SLAUGHTER

An revolu de grand nombre septiesme
Apparoistra au temps Jeux d'Hecatombe
Non esloigne du grand eage milliesme
Que les entres sortiront de leur tombe.

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
An obvious reference to the Colts' 7-0 record. It may be argued that this could apply to many Colts' seasons, until you account for the second line, and the title.
it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,
To describe which 7-0 season he's talking about, Nostradamus makes it clear he is describing the one coinciding with the Patriot's margin of victory of 25 points per game.
not far from the age of the great millennium,
Seven years or so, give or take a few months.
when the dead will come out of their graves
This is the sort of final line which would be a cliche, if literally interpreted: yadda yadda yadda, armageddon, end of the world, etc. But in fact it refers to the supposedly dead and buried Patriots coming back this season for a new reign of terror.
Patriots = Zombies?

Makes sense.

Wheres the brains?

That would be the Evil One himself, of course...

I'm really impressed with this, and find it more likely this is what he was actually talking about!

Bobby-"You know Notre Dame predicted all this"

Tony-"You mean Nostradamous"

Bobby-"I thought that was the Hunchback from Notre Dame"

Tony-"They have nothing to do with one another"

Bobby-"It's all interesting. Theres the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but you also have your tailback and your fullback"

Century VIII, 91

Entered among the field of the Rodans dwellers
where those of the cross are almost united,
the two lands meeting in Pisces
and a great number punished by the flood.

The "field of the Rodans" is likely the field of the RCA Dome. Where those of the cross are almost united is a reference to the religious draw of the Dungy regime in Indy. The two lands meeting in Pisces might be problematic, when one considers that to be born in Pisces means February and March; about which more, however, later. The great number punished by the flood, refers to a great number of points, perhaps in the 20s, scored by the colts, but "punished by the flood', perhaps 40-odd, scored by the Pats.

On "Pisces" (the constellation), from Wiki:

The constellation resembles two roundish objects, each of which is tied to the same point by a long length of string. Generally the objects have been considered as fish, although since by including fainter stars visible to the naked eye, the strings themself take on the appearance of stick-figure bodies (with the roundish objects thus becoming heads). Some forms of early Greek mythology viewed it as men bound to a point.

It is evident that Nostradamus uses the constellation to represent both the rivalry, with the two "fish" locked in perpetual battle, and the "yin/yang" character of the Colts' and Pats' popular reputations in this season.

CENTURY I, 81

Nine will be set apart from the human flock,
separated from judgment and advise.
Their fate is to be divided as they depart.
K. Th. L. dead, banished and scattered.

Nine referring to New England's ninth win this year, separating them from all other NFL teams; as to their superhuman play this year, it has already been noted copiously in the Dallas and Washington presses, among other places. Separated from judgment and advise can only mean the Belichickean disdain for the media. As to line three on their fate "to be divided as they depart"- ask David Patten, David Givens, Deion Branch, et al. It is a clear reference to the decline of "ex-Patriots" elsewhere in the league. "K. Th. L." - certainly, Nostradamus is being cryptic, using such strange shorthand. I find it hard to believe he does not mean "Kill The League," particularly followed by the phrase "dead, banished, and scattered."

Haha, I love how you can interpret Nostradamus any way you want to. It's so vague that it's beautiful. The guy really was a genius, but more in the L. Ron Hubbard "I know how to screw over idiots and get them to believe total BS while I laugh my way to the bank" way than in the actual genius way.

As for Corey Dillon, he's not dead, just washed up.

Yeah well. Scoff if you will. But I will have you know that Indianapolis anagrams to:

A PAID LOIN SIN (that would be Peyton);
A PAID SOIL INN (RCA Dome)
A PAID SILO INN (ditto)
NAPOLIAN IS ID (you know who)
ADALIS IN PONI (96 tears...)

uh and unfortunately

ADAI SLIP ON IN

Okay anagrams are obviously not reliable

Admirable thread.

I always turn to Nostradamus when I'm confused. It doesn't end my confusion, but it takes my mind off it.

Yeah well. Scoff if you will. But I will have you know that Indianapolis anagrams to:

A PAID LOIN SIN (that would be Peyton);

Okay anagrams are obviously not reliable

and the anagram for Peyton Williams Manning is....
A Lamenting..simply no win

Oh NICE one LOL

Peyton Manning =

Yam PENNINGTON

I am fairly sure this is coincidental.

Patriots =

Stir a Pot
It a Sport
Rapt OTIS
Trap It so
Taps Trio <- what we should call Wes, Dante, Randy
Star I Top
Sir At Top

I am now clear on the need for medication in my life. I'm off to play the traditional pre-game scrabble.

PFnV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back