PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where Do The DTs Rank?

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I averaged out the rankings of most of the DTs in this draft based upon CBS, ESPN and NFL to see where they were likely to go off the board. It's a simple average, I totalled their ranks for all three boards and divided by three.

Top 40

27 Kenny Clark
27. Vernon Butler
28. Chris Jones
38. Jonathan Bullard

2nd Round

44. Austin Johnson

3rd Round

68. Sheldon Day
74. Hassan Ridgeway
82. Jihad Ward
87. Adolphus Washington
95. Bronson Kaufusi
97. Willie Henry
98. Javon Hargrave

4th Round

100. Maliek Collins
129. Adam Gotsis

Day 3/UDFA

143. Matthew Ioannidis
173. DJ Reader
201. David Onyemata
213. Nile Lawrence-Stample
253. Darius Latham
282. Dean Lowry
315. Sterling Bailey.

There are big discrepancies in the rankings when you get to the later day 3 guys so don't rely too much on the rankings there.

Also, Hassan Ridgeway and Willie Henry's ranks may be unreliable, again because of discrepancies. For example, NFL rank Ridgeway at 35 whilst CBS rank him at 126. For Henry, NFL (48) and ESPN (68) are more bullish than CBS (175).

Last edited:
My takeaway.

1. Unless we like Ridgeway, I think if a couple of those DTs fall into the mid-second round then a trade up is certainly on the cards.

2. It looks like Ridgeway, Day or Ward in the second if we don't trade up.

3. Ridgeway at 60/61 and Hargrave at 96 appears to be about the optimum option if we're looking to stock up on DTs.

4. I do like Kaufusi's versatility though. Can play DE and as a sub rusher and can even drop into coverage.

I'll try and do the same with RB, WR, OT,, CB and select others this weekend if I can. If you have any requests for the select others, please let me know.

Ridgeway, Hargrave and reader (provided he answers questions about his disappearance very well) would be the three I could see bb being interested in.

I averaged out the rankings of most of the DTs in this draft based upon CBS, ESPN and NFL to see where they were likely to go off the board. It's a simple average, I totalled their ranks for all three boards and divided by three.

Top 40

27 Kenny Clark
27. Vernon Butler
28. Chris Jones
38. Jonathan Bullard

2nd Round

44. Austin Johnson

3rd Round

68. Sheldon Day
74. Hassan Ridgeway
82. Jihad Ward
87. Adolphus Washington
95. Bronson Kaufusi
97. Willie Henry
98. Javon Hargrave

4th Round

100. Maliek Collins
129. Adam Gotsis

Day 3/UDFA

143. Matthew Ioannidis
173. DJ Reader
201. David Onyemata
213. Nile Lawrence-Stample
253. Darius Latham
282. Dean Lowry
315. Sterling Bailey.

There are big discrepancies in the rankings when you get to the later day 3 guys so don't rely too much on the rankings there.

Also, Hassan Ridgeway and Willie Henry's ranks may be unreliable, again because of discrepancies. For example, NFL rank Ridgeway at 35 whilst CBS rank him at 126. For Henry, NFL (48) and ESPN (68) are more bullish than CBS (175).

To me, based in your list, Maliek Collins presents outstanding value

Not a DT, but I like Shaq Lawson, DE. Sadly, he is a 1st round pick (which we don't have).. :mad:

But, our DL was still lacking in run support. Hopefully, more massive bodies will help.

Not a DT, but I like Shaq Lawson, DE. Sadly, he is a 1st round pick (which we don't have).. :mad:

But, our DL was still lacking in run support. Hopefully, more massive bodies will help.

I like Lawson and dodd. But since both will be off the board early, they are out of our reach even if we had a first rounder.

I watched tape of a third Clemson d line guy, dj reader and at 340 pounds, he could be a run stuffer for us that gets replaced in passing downs. He had decent technique and instincts and is so big and strong, tough guy to move.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back