Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's your path for peace?

Discussion in 'Religion and Lighthearted Discussion' started by thesmee1, Jan 10, 2007.

1. thesmee1

thesmee1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You take the activist path. Like former South African president Nelson Mandela, you're willing to allow for violent resistance in cases where oppressed people have no other options to attain equality or freedom. However, with the tables turned, you prefer more peaceful methods of conflict resolution, such as South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which helped the country overcome some of the rancor of apartheid and move on to a more peaceful future. You consider poverty and social equality as key components of peace, and strive to take the long view of history. Try these Seven Practices for Peace.
  3. thesmee1

thesmee1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You take the non-violent path. Like famed Indian pacifist, Mahatma Gandhi, you believe that peaceful civil disobedience is the best route to social change. There are rare moments when violent resistance may be considered as a better option. Nonviolence, you emphatically believe, is not to be confused with cowardice, but rather the highest expression of bravery.

Some of these tests are fun. I don't know if this test should be in a religious forum, but I figured, what the heck.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Non Violence is the way to go but there is one problem with Non Violence, you have to get the "other guy" to go along with it.
    :bricks:
  5. thesmee1

thesmee1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're right, Harry. I'm not seeing a lot of charismatic non-violent people to change the way people think. The only one I can think of is Ghandi. Maybe the Dalai Lama. I'm tending to think that non-violence is just a utopian dream in this world, today.
  6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The awnser that it gave me is what I actually believe. I think that peace is definitly the way to go; but I understand that sometimes, there is a need for violence. The idea of peace will never beacome a reality.