What loss was worse, Indy or NO?

• Indy because we choked

Votes: 53 70.7%
  • NO because reality hit us

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll take a butt-whipping over a last minute collapse anytime...

I'd feel better if we show signs of correcting our bad habits. Our second half again were awful. There really isn't any creativity in our offense. It's the same thing: Shotgun formation, draw to Faulk, run quickouts, try to hit Welker in the middle. They took Welker away tonight by bracketing him and keeping a guy inside of him. What was our answer? Moss always had a safety on top so that's four guys on two players and yet our OC couldn't manufacture any plays were we could take advantage of their defense.

As for our defense, we have idiots on these boards who look at nothing but stats and claim "hey, we got the third ranked defense!" BS, but when you watch our non-existent pass rush, you know it we're gonna get lit up by the Manning's, Brees, and probably Rivers.

We need a legit pass rusher, a legit OC, and for Bill to commit to the running game again.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote more to defensive side of the ball than offense. I mean you cover Moss, Welker and Faulk, who do we have? Aikens? Special teams player? Staunbach or whatever his name is that was turned WR from QB? If O'Brien sucked with Gaffeney in there, I would be out there with pitchfork as well but our WR depth sucks for a passing team.

No single game or a couple of games define a season. This NO game was less important than any division game. I am feeling ok about this loss. Not a huge disappointment. We were soundly thumped by Brees. He has been a good QB, but tonight he was great.

The team just needs to make adjustments and move on. There's nothing they can do except get healthy and win as many games as they can. I really don't care as long as they make the playoffs, at that point anything can happen.

New Orleans definitely. That was an ass kicking.

The Vollmer loss ... is the hugest.

No single game or a couple of games define a season. This NO game was less important than any division game. I am feeling ok about this loss. Not a huge disappointment. We were soundly thumped by Brees. He has been a good QB, but tonight he was great.

The team just needs to make adjustments and move on. There's nothing they can do except get healthy and win as many games as they can. I really don't care as long as they make the playoffs, at that point anything can happen.

Every team has injuries so we can't use that. NO didn't have Bush and had two CBs playing big time minutes that were on the streets just three weeks ago.

definitely the New Orleans game. The Indy game was encouraging until that awful fourth quarter. The Pats had no bright spots except Laurence Maroney. Who fumbled at the beginning of the 2nd half. Brady made some bad throws because he consistently had very little time because of the collapsing pocket. The NO receivers are also so deep opposed to the Pats lacking secondary.

Good thing the Saints are in the NFC and they will not meet again until the Super Bowl.

For 7-8 years now, I've always felt we were the best team in the league. That changed tonight. I voted the Indy loss because it's Indy and we had the game. Tonight, I resigned to the fact that NO is better than us. I hope by the end of January, we're a complete football team.

I vote Indy because we "choked", or alternatively because as is often the case against the Colts they got some BS calls down the stretch to pull off the victory. It always feels like theft when you lose to them.

This game well it got out of hand fast and it was a bitter disappointment and a reality check for our post-season prospects but the Saints did it the old-fashioned way, they earned it. Big props to the Superdome crowd too, though some of them scared me in the way only Raiders fans can.

I feel that the New Orleans loss is worse because of the way the Patriots got completely outclassed in all 3 phases of the game. The Indy game left us fans with a sense that "we're pretty close, we just need to correct a few things and execute properly in the 2nd half."

The New Orleans game left us with "we need to make wholesale changes amongst the coordinators, and bring in new players from either the draft, or free agency (ie: pass rushers, and O-Lineman, CB's and a 3rd WR) just to compete with the best"

i feel the team is further than from where i'd like them to be at this point, than after the Colts game.

I dont know how you can say the Indy loss was worse. I feel like we had Indy beat and we lost the game. I dont think we will "lose" a game like this in the playoffs (oh wait 2006 AFCCG). We were totaly out classed tonight and that is a problem.

I feel that the New Orleans loss is worse because of the way the Patriots got completely outclassed in all 3 phases of the game. The Indy game left us fans with a sense that "we're pretty close, we just need to correct a few things and execute properly in the 2nd half."

The New Orleans game left us with "we need to make wholesale changes amongst the coordinators, and bring in new players from either the draft, or free agency (ie: pass rushers, and O-Lineman, CB's and a 3rd WR) just to compete with the best"

i feel the team is further than from where i'd like them to be at this point, than after the Colts game.

I should have read your post before I made mine haha.

I dont know how you can say the Indy loss was worse. I feel like we had Indy beat and we lost the game. I dont think we will "lose" a game like this in the playoffs (oh wait 2006 AFCCG). We were totaly out classed tonight and that is a problem.

Thats why its worse. Losing to a team you out played.

Not even debatable, Indy, by 6 Titanic lengths. When you get beat soundly like tonight, you can accept you were beaten by a better opponent. When you grasp defeat from the jaws of victory, like we have so many times, the past 4 years, those hurt a lot more.

EZ76

blowout are easier to handle and forget .you HAVE to assume it cant be this bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back