PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your prediction for Lloyd this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If healthy I expect Llyod to have between 900-1100 yds with 7-10 TD's some of his production will come at the expense of Welker, Gronk and Hernandez since he will be targeted more than Branch was. Welker will come down to the 1000-1100 range. Gronk and Hernandez will combine for 1800-2000, a bit less than this year's production,

I expect the overall offense will be slightly more productive. The rushing will be up, while I expect the Passing to remain the same or slightly less .Last season the Pats averaged 428 yds per game (2nd) and 513 points (3rd) Any increase in the offensive production will be because the defense will be better, which means more opportunities and starting from better field position. A 5% increase in total offense would be a realistic goal to go along with a 10% increase in scoring

The reasons of this optimism is a stronger rushing attack, more diverse skill set among the receivers, and a better defense

Last edited:
I don't expect Brady to even sniff 5,000 yards again this year.....I think the receiving corps will have a good overall season but I see Brady with about 3,800 to 4,400 yards at the MAX

I think with the fullbacks aboard we will see more ground this season,unless Ridley and Vereen suck,then its back to Air Brady...I also see the defense a bit better which will help in not having to force Brady to throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs to win.

I think that may be a bit low. If we assume 2012 stats should be about the same as 2011 stats (no major rule changes) then 3800 yards would rank Brady 12th overall; behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and just ahead of Joe Flacco. Six quarterbacks threw for over 4600 yards.

The midpoint between 3800 and 4400 is 4100 yards. That would represent 256 passing yards per game, which would be 71 fewer passing yards per game. While I do agree that a drop in passing yardage would not be a surprise (and also agree that it could be a good thing), I have trouble envisioning that steep of a decline - especially when you consider the players on the roster that can catch the ball in comparison to those who can run it.

If the Patriots shift about 40 yards of offense per game from the air to the ground, that would be fairly significant; with even that much of a change Brady would still be throwing for about 4600 yards.

I think that may be a bit low. If we assume 2012 stats should be about the same as 2011 stats (no major rule changes) then 3800 yards would rank Brady 12th overall; behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and just ahead of Joe Flacco. Six quarterbacks threw for over 4600 yards.

The midpoint between 3800 and 4400 is 4100 yards. That would represent 256 passing yards per game, which would be 71 fewer passing yards per game. While I do agree that a drop in passing yardage would not be a surprise (and also agree that it could be a good thing), I have trouble envisioning that steep of a decline - especially when you consider the players on the roster that can catch the ball in comparison to those who can run it.

If the Patriots shift about 40 yards of offense per game from the air to the ground, that would be fairly significant; with even that much of a change Brady would still be throwing for about 4600 yards.

The key to any shift will be:

"Home run" ability of Ridley and Vereen running the ball.

Return of the screen game and how will the RB's be used in the passing game.

How fast we put points on the board.

The addition of talent and skills to the passing game should really bring the pass offense to the next level. One would be hard pressed to say Green Bay and New Orleans can match the varied multiple avenues of attack.

I'd say 900ish yards, 60ish receptions, and 7ish TDs. Which, for what we're paying him, is a great deal. Just as importantly, I think that we'll see upticks across the board with the other receivers now that they have to actually worry about a WR outside of the middle of the field. Maybe not for Welker, since he's coming off of a career year, but I bet that we'll see the yards per catch go up for both tight ends.

YOU or I could do better than that #85 pile of garbage

If that's the case, then you should probably go ahead and call up Belichick, see if you can't get yourself a spot in training camp.

Last edited:
Part of the hihgest scoring offense in league history + 1 SB ring.

5 receptions

49 yards

0 td's

I'm done predicting WRs after the year OchoCinco had. Just give me a SB ring :)

I would be thrilled to see 60-70 receptions maybe 7 or 8 TDs and 800ish yards. The real thing we have to take into account are the intangibles, he will take open things up for our boys running through the middle. Defenses will no longer be able to just sit back and clog the middle, they will have to be honest and respect our deep pass now as well. I'm hesitant to say he's going to have a monster season stats wise just because of what happened last year with Ocho. I will be the first to admit I expected big things from Ocho and so I'm lowering my expectations this time around.

148 cathches 1955 yards 18 TD's. I'm not asking much.

98 receptions for 1,493 yards and 23 touchdowns

Ehh... too many other guys (Gronk, Welker, Hernandez) for him to get huge stats. Mark him down around 837 yards, 7 TD's

He will score the game winning TD in this years SB :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

A gajillion yards and gajillion touchdowns!!!

Realistically, 800-1100 yards, 8-12 touchdowns

I see great his stats being great.Because of our inside receivers i would expect him to face single coverage a lot, he is not quite randy moss so wont face the standard safety over the top which means the ball should go to him quite a bit.Plus Josh likes a vertical game rather than the horizontal game we had with Billy.

Ha Ha,yup, a gagillion.

Well, the 800 and 7 predictions sound solid to me. But I'm actually more excited thinking about the effect on the rest of the end zone attendees.
welker-td-stache.jpg

images

images

Forgot to put down my numbers, 1200 yards and 10 tds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents