PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What injury reclamation projects have actually worked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are actually a lot of sub-categories here, based on distinctions such as:
  • College/draftee vs. young pro vs. veteran
  • Specific devastating injury vs. series of injuries that interfered with performance vs. series of injuries that kept a good performer off the field
E.g., Edelman was a young pro who had trouble staying on the field. Gronk has had a series of devastating injuries. If a guy slumps for a few games due to being dinged up, that's football; if it's longer, that can be a career problem. Etc.

Well carter was a 43 guy stick in Washington when they switched to 34 which he didn't fit just like haynrswortj(for different reasons). Carter was a 10+ year vet who was always a good player so I don't think getting away from a team that used him wrong is reclamation.
I was implying Anderson more than I was implying Carter. Though you could say the year Carter had in 2011 before he got hurt was the best year of his career since his early days in San Fran. (Hell, 2011 was actually his first Pro Bowl nod surprisingly)

So one could say it was a sort of a reclamation from that aspect.

We traded for Talib, Casillas, Branch, Moss, Blount and Hicks. That is 6 of the 14 players I listed. I did overlook the “injured” aspect so the players I listed to do not all apply anyway but I was not listing just free agents.
Ok so you are listing players we acquired.
I think the idea was players whose careers appear over and were bright in and did well.

I was implying Anderson more than I was implying Carter. Though you could say the year Carter had in 2011 before he got hurt was the best year of his career since his early days in San Fran. (Hell, 2011 was actually his first Pro Bowl nod surprisingly)

So one could say it was a sort of a reclamation from that aspect.
Anderson just wasn't good enough to get a lot of playing time. He got it here because of injuries then we let him walk. Pretty much all he did was pad his stats with garbage time sacks. You and I found have blocked him in running plays.

I see reclamation as career seems over and you bring them in to see if they can do anything. Carter was far from that.

Anderson just wasn't good enough to get a lot of playing time. He got it here because of injuries then we let him walk. Pretty much all he did was pad his stats with garbage time sacks. You and I found have blocked him in running plays.

I see reclamation as career seems over and you bring them in to see if they can do anything. Carter was far from that.
To be fair, I'm not sure anyone was saying his career was over, but Carter wasn't a FA acquisition that everyone was buzzing about. He was overshadowed a bit by Shaun Ellis and Fat Albert as new FA signings. No one considered him pro bowl potential.

It can definitely be said that he performed far better than what most of us were anticipating he would.

To be fair, I'm not sure anyone was saying his career was over, but Carter wasn't a FA acquisition that everyone was buzzing about. He was overshadowed a bit by Shaun Ellis and Fat Albert as new FA signings. No one considered him pro bowl potential.

It can definitely be said that he performed far better than what most of us were anticipating he would.
I disagree. Carter was the most important singing that year. If it was downplayed at all it was because people doubted we were going to a 43. Anyone who knew carter knew what we are getting and it was a hell of a lot more than ellis or haynrsworth.

I disagree. Carter was the most important singing that year. If it was downplayed at all it was because people doubted we were going to a 43. Anyone who knew carter knew what we are getting and it was a hell of a lot more than ellis or haynrsworth.
It absolutely became the most important signing that year. Not disputing that. I'm just referring to the view of him before that season started. It seemed like an intriguing signing, but I wasn't expecting a pro bowl level season out of him.

It absolutely became the most important signing that year. Not disputing that. I'm just referring to the view of him before that season started. It seemed like an intriguing signing, but I wasn't expecting a pro bowl level season out of him.
I meant before the season. I don't think in terms of probowl because that's meaningless but I knew before the season he was by far the most important addition to the d and I think it was consensus among must fans.

I meant before the season. I don't think in terms of probowl because that's meaningless but I knew before the season he was by far the most important addition to the d and I think it was consensus among must fans.
I just don't remember him being the most talked about acquisition, but then again who knows it might depend on who you're talking to I suppose. Regardless, Carter performed at a higher level than I expected. It definitely wasn't shocking by any means.

I was just expecting before that year with him what I'm expecting out of Chris Long this year, which isn't bad either.

Yeah, it really sucks that the board whipping boy happens to be a cancer survivor. Wonder if some people forgot that.

Cancer survivors have overcome a lot worse than a handful of anonymous internet poster's opinions.. and the ones that I know don't like to be treated like they're a fragile snowflake

The fact that hes a cancer survivor has nothing to do with his present day performance playing NFL football as an offensive tackle on the New England Patriots for millions of dollars

Cancer survivors have overcome a lot worse than a handful of anonymous internet poster's opinions.. and the ones that I know don't like to be treated like they're a fragile snowflake

The fact that hes a cancer survivor has nothing to do with his present day performance playing NFL football as an offensive tackle on the New England Patriots for millions of dollars

There is tendency among sports fans to be hard on a guy as a human being if he's a disappointment on the field. This board, however, is less bad than many about that. In large part, we can trace that (relatively) good attitude back to a specific event -- Marquise Hill's death. In death as in life, the guy was a bit of a screw-up (I refer to his lack of flotation vest); even so, the story of his death shows him to clearly have been a very good guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes