PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to Maroney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This kid already had ROTY in the bag after the Cincy game. Since October 2nd here are Maroney's stats...

Carries-Total Yards-Average Per Carry

18-------- 38 ------------2.1
8--------- 29 ------------3.6
8--------- 34 ------------4.3
13-------- 63 ------------4.8
12-------- 37 ------------3.1

Looks pretty average to me. Corey Dillon has outrushed him three out of five games since Oct. 2nd.

So the question is, are the coaches giving Maroney less to do and waiting to utilize him in Dec/Jan/Feb? Or has his game slipped a little bit since the jaw-dropping start?

Last edited:
I agree. Listening to Bill B. the other day talk about rookies it sound like he just doesn't have high expectations for them out of the gate so I don't think he trusts them to shoulder too much of the load. I am hoping Maroney's carries pick up over the next couple of games.

because Maroney is put in short yardage. no idea why. and his runs are all inside..let him use his speed for christ sake. he has shake and is fast..let him take it outside sometimes

I agree, and there were no screen today. They had him running in the mud behing the guards. Also you don't see him run much out of a multi-wr set. His first carry ever was a draw against the Bills. For some reason they had gotten away from draws.

Remix 6 said:
because Maroney is put in short yardage. no idea why. and his runs are all inside..let him use his speed for christ sake. he has shake and is fast..let him take it outside sometimes
I agree, and there were no screen today. They had him running in the mud behing the guards. Also you don't see him run much out of a multi-wr set. His first carry ever was a draw against the Bills. For some reason they had gotten away from draws.

Remix 6 said:

I agree. Whoever is calling the plays/substituting players seems to not realize who is lining up at HB when they call the play.

Maroney can run up the middle but why not try him outside at all today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back