PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker signs with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not realize how much WW wanted to stick it to the fans of NE. I get him wanting to do it to BB and BK, but damn he hated us too. Denver 2 for $12M - yeah, he was PO'd. Hope he feels better.

Couldn't be happier for Wes Welker.
The guy did everything asked of him and got his chain yanked repeatedly by Bill Belichick. For the 1st time in my life I will be rooting for a Peyton Manning team.

Oh and memo to Robert Kraft - STUFF your PR BULL*^&$ "I love Wes and want him to be a Patriot for life." Stuff it "Robert".

It's the Raiders. It isn't like you don't expect them to do something outrageous. But honestly if you would've said 20 mins ago that we wouldn't keep Welker at that price most would've laughed at you. Offering the franchise record holder for most pass catches a 2y 10m deal what is reported now is disrespectful. We want to keep him? Yeah really ...

I'm fine with Welker moving. I think they have a plan. I would be shock if they didn't have one. Maybe the offense is moving in another direction. No one here knows exactly what's going to happen. We'll never see the days of moss and welker because there'll never be another affordable moss to partner welker.

The guy poured his heart and soul into his play here, put up HOF numbers, was pissed on by the FO for two years and still gave the Pats a chance to match the Broncos' reasonable offer.

And they let him walk. It is unbelievable. Massive underestimation of the fans reaction to this. and i suspect the players as well, TFB included.

I did not realize how much WW wanted to stick it to the fans of NE. I get him wanting to do it to BB and BK, but damn he hated us too. Denver 2 for $12M - yeah, he was PO'd. Hope he feels better.

How the hell is this sticking it to the fans of NE?

Depressing.

Hearing that it's 2yrs for $12M to the Broncos makes it even worse.

I feel worse now than after the AFCC loss this year.

You can pretty much guarantee that when Denver comes to Foxboro next season, Welker is going to eviscerate the POS that is the Patriots' defense. He did it to the Dolphins almost every time.

Brilliant.

This is a F***** joke. What's Kraft thinking about????

Kraft generally doesn't participate in the contract negotiations..

The homers on this board are ridiculous. This fkn reeks of BB hubris. That egomaniac didn't like WW. That's what this is about.
He was benched in a playoff game for a fkn foot joke?! BB can go suck an egg. What an ahole. Hire some real nfl pros and stop plugging a #5wr into cb slot. They squandered Brady's best years with this nonsense.

Given that there is only one Welker in the NFL and he's now gone when he didn't have to be, yes, that's exactly what it is.

You're probably right. But I'm going to hold out hope that they know what they're doing.

This is the sort of dumbass move I'd expect from the Jets. The Patriots are supposed to be smarter.

So much for that theory.

Horrendous move by the Patriots

There is literally no justifiable reason to let 110+ catch/season guy walk over what is essentially a crap deal.

The homers on this board are ridiculous. This fkn reeks of BB hubris. That egomaniac didn't like WW. That's what this is about.
He was benched in a playoff game for a fkn foot joke?! BB can go suck an egg. What an ahole. Hire some real nfl pros and stop plugging a #5wr into cb slot. They squandered Brady's best years with this nonsense.

BB 5 rings
WW 0 rings

Sorry if I said with the Legendary HOF coach.

Michael Giardi ‏@MikeGiardi
RT @tomecurran: Spoke to someone close to Brady. Beyond enraged at details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" used

Brady is pissed ohhh boy!!!

I cant believe I am saying this....

Anyone think Kraft should of vetoed BB?

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran
Spoke to someone close to Tom Brady. Beyond enraged at contract details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" were used.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Patriots initial offer was two years and $10 million with incentives.

BB 3 rings
WW 0 rings

Sorry if I said with the Legendary HOF coach.

Since 2005, the number of rings they each have is tied at 0, and the legendary coach has spent the better part of that time screwing up personnel decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST