PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker signs with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: $6 million a year for two years!

there better be a huge WR deal on the way.

I for one am happy, butterfingers can take his circus juggling act to Denver and let Peyton worry about it. Anyone but #12 is replacable

I can't even begin to fathom the level of homerism it must require to have your take on this.

I prefer patience, but if you want to call it homerism, so be it.

$6 million a year for two years!

Good, Wes go choke with manning. The ultimate chokers lmao.

Welker to Denver

why do people make threads when there is already 5. Look before you make.

It's wasn't there when I posted then my screen went back and there were 5 threads my man. I do look.. The site is running slow because so many people came on at once.

Re: Per Schefter: Welker to Broncos

Colossal failure, coming from one of the most anti welker posters 7 million was a steal let alone 6! What the hell this is a failure unless he has Cruz or Fitzgerald coming... Hahah we know that's not happening.

As a huge anti-Welker poster I agree except I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 2 years/$12,000,000 would have been a great deal for Welker, and I'm wondering why they didn't match.

[EDITED] I guarantee its not more than what the pats had offered him.

I don't think there's any way the Patriots didn't top that.

Wes stuck it to the Pats plain and simple. Ray Allen II.

Good luck Wes, I hope you'll need it. Since I root strictly for the uniform (aside from TB12) I hope this marks a long, steep decline in his play.

I will stake my reputation (that I do not have) that the Patriots were offering better than 2 years at 6 million per.

Re: Schefter: Wes Welker deal to Broncos nearly done

Two of the best offenses in league history should have scored more than 17 and 21 pts to win the super bowl. You don't win many championships scoring 14 and 17.

You can't score if you don't have the football(hence time of possession) plus one can't ignore the fact that Gronk was injured and virtually a nonentity in the game.In the 1st Superbowl the o line virtually crumbled and you won't win many games with that kind of o line performance , but even with that they gave the D a 4 point lead to protect with only 2 minutes left on the clock .

Re: Schefter: Wes Welker to Broncos

2 years $12M thats a steal! What a colossal screwup!

WTF

I'm shocked and oissedd off....You don't let Welker go for 2/$12m...I have more than a mild disdain for the Patriots right now...FU Bill

Yes!!!! its official the 2 biggest choke artists in the playoffs on the same team. Now Belichick can focus on the d and bring in some wr's who Brady will make into the wes welker(more clutch hopefully) dion branch type. Pick 6 to butterfingers wooot!!!!!

Buddy, get a clue. If it were not for Welker the Pats are not even in a position to win these games.

Welker agrees to terms with with Bronco's.

And here is thread number 4

Why is this such a concern for you anyway not like its your job to merge them.. You really need to relax and find a new outlet for your anger than a pats forum.

Re: Schefter: Wes Welker deal to Broncos nearly done

Amendola can have the same if not better numbers here. Only problem is health.

I'll wait for training camp to panic.

Re: Per Schefter: Welker to Broncos

You make no sense. You don't get an offer from one team, go back to your original team and see if they'll match and when they say they will match it go "Oh well, too bad, I'm signing with the new team".

Clearly no clue how business is done.

maybe you have no clue that welkers disappointment with the pats this past year had changed his allegiances......

BB sucks as a GM

OK I was fine with this until I saw those numbers. Just makes ZERO sense if it's for $12. Even if it's all guaranteed. THEY JUST PAID HIM $9M GUARANTEED LAST YEAR BUT CAN'T PAY 6M OVER THE NEXT 2? Zero sense. No defending it, and I was with the I'm fine with this crowd all the way

Good, Wes go choke with manning. The ultimate chokers lmao.
Their regular season stats will be incredible though.

They laughed when I said he would never see more than $5M/year from the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents