PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very curious to see how ours defebnse will fare in this contest, simply because this will be the first time we go against a top 10 (maybe even top 15) QB

If they do well, as i hope they'll, then I'll be able to say that this is our best defense since the beginning of the last decade

This narrative is tired.

Russell Wilson, Flacco, Tannehill and Dalton are top 15 QBs.

Last edited:
I remember when Vinochich was the ref for Pats/Ravens in 2014 when he threw a ton of ticky tack flags, specifically on Revis against Steve Smith.

Then came the Super Bowl and he and his crew were nearly perfect.

Point being, sometimes these guys have good days and some bad.

It's the AFCCG. If we get Blakeman, one would have to believe he's going to let both these play.

no, the refs are instructed not to call anything but the obvious in super bowls. it makes it better for tv.

Their defense played better than I thought. Still don't think they are all that especially in the secondary. Pats should win fairly comfortably if they bring their A game.

Their 'defense' also played against Alex Smith and his circus show.... not exactly a high flying offense by any stretch.

Hoping to have Malcolm Mitchel back.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but the Steelers offense is a great matchup for our defense:

1. Our run defense is great. Since Flowers entered the starting lineup I wouldn't be surprised if they are #1 in YPC. Flowers/Branch/Brown are all great run defenders as well as Hightower/Roberts behind them.

2. Can afford to take Antonio Brown out of the game with a Butler/McCourty double team. The Patriots did this a decent amount in game 1 in the second half. When Brown would motion, Butler & McCourty would follow. This duo is arguably the best double team possible in the league.

3. Ryan has been an elite slot CB since taking over that position in week 11. Rogers is Big Ben's 2nd WR he looks at after Brown.

3. Rowe vs. Hamilton. We should be able to leave Rowe vs. Hamilton and not have to worry about it. He's been barely a part of the offense.

I know it drives fans crazy but the 3 man rush could work this game. Get Ben to throw in traffic or take a coverage sack (their OL is great anyway).

Kellerman, Stephen A Smith and Donovan McNabb all pick Steelers over Pats.

Well that settles it.

Hello Houston :)

You can't be serious! That's next level trolling

Only position I see Pits defense is better then Houstons is the ILB spot, everywhere else Houston is better, except many the safety position. The real story line in my opinion will be Pats defense vs their offense.

This narrative is tired.

Russel and Flacco absolutely.

The former won and had a HORRIBLE line and ground game (and a so so receiving corps). Still put 30 points on us.

Flacco is good, maybe top 10, but he really isnt great. Plus his offense is also pretty mediocre.

Tennehi is at the edge of the top 15 IMO.

In any case, they arent as good as the remaining QBs this season. Their offenses are much weaker too.

The "narrative" is very real.

Many predicted it. Well now it is here. LET'S GO!

More like...Pittsburgh is on to New England!

...and that's the way we hoped it would be. :D

Russel and Flacco absolutely.

The former won and had a HORRIBLE line and ground game (and a so so receiving corps). Still put 30 points on us.

Flacco is good, maybe top 10, but he really isnt great. Plus his offense is also pretty mediocre.

Tennehi is at the edge of the top 15 IMO.

In any case, they arent as good as the remaining QBs this season. Their offenses are much weaker too.

The "narrative" is very real.

Saying the Pats have not faced top 15 QBs is not real.

If you want to say the Pats have not "shut down" top 15 QBs they have faced ,that narative has some merit

I decided to torture myself and check out a couple Steelers fan boards. Here's some recurring thoughts I saw:

- The Patriots are a soft finesse team (I think they're still living in 2010 - 2013?)
- The Patriots are cheaters
- Dupree should intentionally hit Brady as hard as possible after the whistle early on

Nice fanbase they've got there.

This narrative is tired.

Other than Wilson, are they, though? Groups of 5:

Brady/Rodgers/Ryan/Brees/Roethlisberger
Rivers/Mariota/Carr/Luck/Wilson
Newton/Stafford/Smith

That gets me to 13 before I even start to think about Flacco/Tannehill/Dalton, and that still leaves guys like

Winston/Eli/Cousins/Prescott

To think about along with the Flacco/Tannehill/Dalton trio.

Other than Wilson, are they, though? Groups of 5:

Brady/Rodgers/Ryan/Brees/Roethlisberger
Rivers/Mariota/Carr/Luck/Wilson
Newton/Stafford/Smith

That gets me to 13 before I even start to think about Flacco/Tannehill/Dalton, and that still leaves guys like

Winston/Eli/Cousins/Prescott

To think about along with the Flacco/Tannehill/Dalton trio.

I'd put Carr above Big Ben at this point. He just hasn't been the same and I don't know why. Like Eli I think Ben is aging fast.

I'd put Carr above Big Ben at this point. He just hasn't been the same and I don't know why. Like Eli I think Ben is aging fast.

Ben is simply too old and out of shape. He does not take care of himself like Brady does.

Ben is simply too old and out of shape. He does not take care of himself like Brady does.

He's still very much a threat when playing at Heinz Field. On the road, not so much.

He's still very much a threat when playing at Heinz Field. On the road, not so much.

I kinda wonder about things like that. Maybe at home he had markers that help him with distance etc. By that meaning structural keys or banners etc. I dunno. Crowd noise can't be all that much.

I decided to torture myself and check out a couple Steelers fan boards. Here's some recurring thoughts I saw:

- The Patriots are a soft finesse team (I think they're still living in 2010 - 2013?)
- The Patriots are cheaters
- Dupree should intentionally hit Brady as hard as possible after the whistle early on

Nice fanbase they've got there.

I've went to all message boards of teams in the playoffs except the steelers. I may like to torture myself but I have my limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST