PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well at least the final calls are getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
XXXVI: I mean jeez don't kill us with all that enthusiasm Mr Summerall!

XXXVIII: WOAH, almost knocked my socks off with that one! :rolleyes:

XXXIX: Vast improvement on the previous two

XLIX: That's more like it

LI: PERFECT!

Only way it could get better is if next time round there is a cut scene of Roger getting whacked by Negan with Lucille as Brady throws the game winner.

Summerall's call was fine. Let the moment tell the story itself. It's TV, not radio.

I'm as big a critic of Buck's as anyone, but I thought his call was fantastic. "He's ......... IN!!!" still gives me the bumps of the goose.

I'm as big a critic of Buck's as anyone, but I thought his call was fantastic. "He's ......... IN!!!" still gives me the bumps of the goose.

honestly aside from some early issues where he kept confusing jules and amendola, i largely enjoyed the way they called the game. they seemed pretty unbiased, pointed out calls both teams should have been getting, and the final call was great.

Loved the review of the Eagles game. I had forgotten so much. But the 3 that really stood out was that Troy Brown played some defense in that game. That the immortal Brandon Goren was our RT. :eek: And that Brady's fumble (?) in the redzone made the game as close as it was.

BTW - One thing I could never understand was how much crap McNab took after this game. He was getting the crap beaten out of him by a relentless rush, yet he drove his team down the field late in the 4th quarter for a TD that gave his team a glimmer of hope, against a great defense. Did he probably take a minute too long between plays? Maybe. But the guy delivered in the clutch and that is HARD.

That being said, in his media life, he turned out to be an unmitigated Pats hater, so I guess no mad mouthing can be too much. ;)

I will go to my grave hearing "It's intercepted at the goal line by Malcolm Butler!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents