PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3: Jaguars at Patriots Gameday Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Coleman looked OK.

I think Ryan is a safety, he just is. He's good on plays in front of huim, but he's a bad corner, more so than McCourty.

I'm never for just trading guys, but Chung is probably the only one with trade value I would trade and we slide in Richards, with Ryan and Wilson in reserve.

Also, White is a great looking receiver and i think Blount is even a more natural receiver than Lewis. Lewis is a mother of a RB, but he needs to work on catching in stride and relaxed, with good vision. He's clunky, stops, then has to start running again.

Just my opinion based on limited looks.

These are wonderful problems to have, if they're the only ones, by the way, especially if Coleman can play backup corner and Fletcher can be a role player for big receivers like Chad Scott used to be.

Brady took away the opposition running game, but when it was tried, we did OK against it, with a particular good play by Branch, beasting past about three blockers to down the runner.

Everything good with Gronk? I tuned in late and was seeing "Gronk Out; Brady still in" tweets. Just got the wind knocked out of him or anything more?

Everything good with Gronk? I tuned in late and was seeing "Gronk Out; Brady still in" tweets. Just got the wind knocked out of him or anything more?

Didn't look like anything significant. If the Pats weren't up by a boatload of touchdowns I bet he would've come back in.

He was in there blocking on Blount's last few runs of the game.

Didn't look like anything significant. If the Pats weren't up by a boatload of touchdowns I bet he would've come back in.

Hope so. Dobson once again was quiet for the most part. I hope the kid from Houston gets more playing time

He was in there blocking on Blount's last few runs of the game.

Thanks, sounds good! Didn't notice him on the sidelines at the end and was wondering.

Why? It's Karma, that's an everybody needs to get a ribbon, hope everyone is ok, please give me sunshine and rainbows attitude you've got yourself right there. Need to lose it.

Trying real hard to be the sheppard....

Trying real hard to be the sheppard....

Yeah, and it is appreciated. I'm prone to waffling on this, devil and angel on each shoulder. Ben and his team are apparently the #2 AFC team this year, unless Cinci continues to improve.

Why? It's Karma, that's an everybody needs to get a ribbon, hope everyone is ok, please give me sunshine and rainbows attitude you've got yourself right there. Need to lose it.

No, you've got a sick attitude.

Yeah, and it is appreciated. I'm prone to waffling on this, devil and angel on each shoulder. Ben and his team are apparently the #2 AFC team this year, unless Cinci continues to improve.
If Ben goes down for good, the gap becomes very, very wide.

Hoping that someone didn't get a long-term injury is sunshine and rainbows?

Am really glad the coaching staff took Edelman, Gronk (for the most part) and Lewis out to rest them for the last couple of drives. Saved their legs (they have been worked to the bone in the last two games) and also let the backups (Amendola, White, Martin, Chandler etc) get some reps. I just wish they did the same with Brady, but I guess they wanted a more experience passer with the 2nd team offence.

I'm sure the well wishes will be very instrumental in the severity of the injury regardless.

Am really glad the coaching staff took Edelman, Gronk (for the most part) and Lewis out to rest them for the last couple of drives. Saved their legs (they have been worked to the bone in the last two games) and also let the backups (Amendola, White, Martin, Chandler etc) get some reps. I just wish they did the same with Brady, but I guess they wanted a more experience passer with the 2nd team offence.

Agreed, especially about Brady. Subbing in for Brady late in game would not only get him more rest (and decrease slightly the likelihood of a freak injury), it would give more experience to Garoppolo. If Brady got injured for a few games (hopefully that won't happen, God willing), it would be nice to have a more-seasoned Garoppolo available to fill in so the Pats don't go into too big of a hole until Brady returns.

This seems like a real special team if it can avoid major injuries.

Hope so. Dobson once again was quiet for the most part. I hope the kid from Houston gets more playing time

Dobson wasn't on the field much. He should've caught the last pass his way for a TD, but otherwise he wasn't making plays because he wasn't on the field to make them.

Those who approach football as a para-military activity tend to see injuries to the opponent as a weakening of the bad guys being fought. It is an easy attitude to acquire if you start in the right place.

Always loved this bit:

Those who approach football as a para-military activity tend to see injuries to the opponent as a weakening of the bad guys being fought. It is an easy attitude to acquire if you start in the right place.

Always loved this bit:

I miss Carlin he was one of a kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back