PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 NFL Games

wow

he had to foul him, Brown had him beat big time.. he actaully saved 4 points with that PI

I can't stand Gruden. Such a hardo. I'd much rather listen to Fouts TBH, as shocking as that sounds.
Is it me, or is Gruden progressively getting worse? About 10 minutes ago he was singing the praises of Marvin Lewis, saying something to the effect that, "It's hard to beat Marvin Lewis." Beat him at what?

2 deep safety? c'mon Bengals

Is it me, or is Gruden progressively getting worse? About 10 minutes ago he was singing the praises of Marvin Lewis, saying something to the effect that, "It's hard to beat Marvin Lewis." Beat him at what?

He knows this is his last year

Watch a fake here.... Just saying.

That Shazier injury looks very very scary. I'm really hoping it's not as bad as it looked.

Somebody needs to tell Gruden that Dalton's nickname is Red Ryder BB gun.

I really hope Shazier is alright. Hate to see that .

I really hope Shazier has nothing but a big scare. The game isn't that important tonight...
He is not alright and it can't be a scare, that is a clear case of paraplegia if I ever saw one.
The hope here will be that the cord was not damaged badly.
I have always been afraid for him based on how he tackles, he went in head first against Giovani Bernard and knockout him out a couple of years ago. I worried then for him. I did not watch what happened but was not surprised when I heard his name and I can imagine he went head first and down again.
I am afraid this is not a good case scenario in anyway for his mobility let alone playing football again.

That was lousy defense by the bungles in the end there.

The bungles need to play another solid half but you can never trust a marvin lewis team to finish a game.

The bungles need to play another solid half but you can never trust a marvin lewis team to finish a game.

Tomlin is an awful head coach. That is all...

Wonder if the Bengals will hold onto the lead in the second half.

I believe Gruden was saying it is hard to find a better replacement coach than Marvin Lewis. In other words, he claimed the next coach they bring in is likely going to be worse.

Half time thoughts. Obviously Shazier looms large. We hope he is okay. But this is a football game and I refuse not to talk about football.

Bengals should say the following..

Run more... they are having big issues with it. 13 runs for 69 yards... getting a a very healthy average there no matter if it is Benard or Mixon. They should look to run 20 times in the 2nd half with the lead.

Avoid penalties and turnovers. Pitt offense generally has not been good. Don't give them life. Play smart and a bit more conservative. It is fine to only score 9 more points if you don't give up a turnover likely.

When you pass go to Green if 1 on 1. They seem to have no answer for him. They have no single CB that can deal with him so force them to double or fest on it.

Pitt should say the following.

We need more Bell. Be it the run or the passing game they need to call his number more.

Brown is injured surely but he has been overall effective. I think they should try to go to him more... 41 yards and beat his guy to force a big 30 yard penalty. He isn't 100% but looks effective enough.

Blitz more and be aggressive... particularly on those CB blitz. Dalton fails to pick them up or adjust coverage when they blitz. They should bring more exotic blitz look and try to force them into mistakes. This will also bring more guys close to the box which could help their run D. They might be left a bit vulnerable on the pass D if they do this but they have no solution to cover Green alone anyway and probably can't afford to double him too much. Dalton is an easier player to beat for them than Green so bet your chips there.

That's about it from my POV.

I like that first down play call... just badly executed... I want to see the Bengals look to run a lot... No reason not to try to shorten this game. Particularly if it works. Even now I would not look to snap the ball with more than 10 seconds until something changes.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back