PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 1 OFFICIAL Post-Game Thread: Patriots lose close to the Eagles

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Nope. No. We need to win right now because it has been the longest 4 year championship drought in the history of sports
Good point ..,and well said.

..,,to go along with your humor a bit…perhaps it might be best to not make this point too loudly at a bar filled with *_____fans (fill in the blank from the 12 teams below, all of which share a certain something that perhaps we take for granted more than we should) :)

*Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, and Tennessee Titans.

On the last chance, after getting a first down, Boutte beat his man and Mac threw it 10 yards out of bounds, then a bad ball to Bourne followed by another sack that he should have avoided at all cost, at least throw it away.
I think that was the pass that Bourne dropped, no? Your other points are valid. Especially the delay of game. One hundred percent on the QB.

Miami has a better roster than the Eagles. Tua looked pretty great today vs the Chargers.
How is Miami defense ?

I think our defense is much better than chargers . So Miami should not be able to run the score without getting turnovers .

And if we get Onwenu and strange we should run up and our scoring should be better.

I’ll be honest going in I had Philly winning, I wanted a competitive game and we got one. If Booty makes that catch I believe they finish the drive with a TD and win the game, it’s a game of inches.

Stoked about White, he’s gonna be a major problem the more experience he gets.

Gonzo more than held his own against two of the better WRs in football, his break up at the end of the game was awesome.
Phenomenal sack as well in his debut game. When was the last time we saw a CB sack the QB ?

This is the best I have felt after a loss in a long time.

1. This defense is legit.
2. This OL and Coach Klemm may just be pretty good.
3. Mac showed flashes of what he can be. Cleaning up stupid mistakes and inconsistencies will determine his fate.

A **** ton of rookies played important roles in this game against the best team in the NFC. They will only get better.

I'm frustrated not winning a very winnable game. However, I am also not going to take a giant **** on the moral victory positives I take from this game.....as long as we start winning these types of games as the season goes on.
It was actually very strange to see two rookie WRs getting snaps in week 1.

We're done with the moral victories. This is year 4 of a rebuild process.

Mac arm strength isn't NFL acceptable. These floating or soft entry tosses ain't gonna cut it. Nor is his pocket awareness where hes taking sacks in extremely important possessions.

Wtf is Bill doing with his decisions? He made more than a handful of mistakes today.

Just cause Mac doesn't look great doesn't mean his WR didn't have their own problems. It's more of the same. Balls hitting hands ending up on the ground.

They had a **** ton of chances to win that game and they blew every single one in glorious fashion.
How is it year 4 of a rebuild process? They made the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years, and for the years they didn't, they were barely under .500. Most definitions of a rebuild do not include making the playoffs. This is year 2, imho.

I have a bad feeling about JuJu . Not too confident . Just a gut feel that he could be the agholor type signing .

Looks like a curse with high paid wide receiver FA

Brown .. Sanu .. Agholor ... JuJu ( maybe)

It's early . But just don't get the positive vibe around JuJu. We should have kept Meyers.

But realistic.

Agreed on Anderson. Pleasantly surprised by Sow. But Mafi, come on. Still learning the position and was beaten early and often in the first quarter. He did settle down. Until he killed a drive with his holding penalty.

And Bill O’Brien ran an abbreviated portion of the playbook. All quick release passes. Until the fourth quarter.

This OL is looking up. Anderson is much more athletic than McDermott was.

Don't be too harsh on either rookie. Mafi was OK. The Eagles DL is outstanding. Probably get Strange and Onwenu back in 2 weeks. Mafi and Sow will last until then. Overall we need a #1 tackle next year and we should be OK.

I think that was the pass that Bourne dropped, no? Your other points are valid. Especially the delay of game. One hundred percent on the QB.

Mac threw it off his back foot and allowed the DB to make a play. It hit Bourne in the hands but it would have been a great contested catch. Had Mac stepped into that throw it would have been a cleaner throw and catch.

Just seems like when it's a critical down, Mac isn't consistent with his mechanics especially when he panics.

I have a bad feeling about JuJu . Not too confident . Just a gut feel that he could be the agholor type signing .

Don’t think he’ll be anywhere near as bad as agholor, But definitely disappointed today. Huge drop early and made nobody miss for someone whos supposed to be strong at yac.

It is weird to sign someone who had just won their 1st ring. I don't see hunger there. Not too dissimilar from Agholor's situation.

The Eagles have a better OL and a better DL.
True with the OL. Philly’s and Detroit’s OLs are top in the league.

But you guys will be surprised how stout Miami’s DL is. Christian Wilkins, Zach Sieler, and huge Raekwon Davis. And LB David Long is a sideline to sideline athlete. Miami is loaded with talent—even on defense.

Last edited:
How is it year 4 of a rebuild process? They made the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years, and for the years they didn't, they were barely under .500. Most definitions of a rebuild do not include making the playoffs. This is year 2, imho.

Every time a team makes the playoffs their rebuild timeline is reset?

True with the OL. Philly’s and Detroit’s OLs are top in the league.

But you guys will be surprised how stout Miami’s DL is. And LB David Long is a sideline to sideline athlete. Miami is loaded with talent.
Yeah, they really throttled the Chargers today.

What are you so down about? We celebrate moral victories here now.
Yeah I'm getting downvoted like crazy
We celebrate Ls here now lol

This is year 4 and unless I'm missing something, Bradys last year doesn't count as part of the rebuild.

The rebuild is post Brady. They got abused in their one playoff game and took a massive step back in the immediate aftermath.

They're not expected to make the playoffs this year either and if the rest of the season goes like today, you gotta start looking for a new QB and start over.

the series where I lost my sh#t....it's 2d and 5, at Phi 35, 2:50 left. down 5 obvious 4 down territory and I believe they still had one TO left...I was screaming run the football twice, even three times. they absolutely HAD to have that first down. get the first down, even if you get on 3 runs you still have probably 1:15-1:50 ish from the 30 depending on if they used the TO.
what happened was a disaster....sack, incomplete, penalty, incomplete

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back