PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Belichick to appear on Thursday's Big Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordway started to ask the question, then BB interrupted because he wasn't finished answering the previous question and Ordway moved on to Vrabel and never went back to ask if the Pats had conversations with Peppers. Horrible job by Ordway.

If I had the time...i'd call in just to pull his card on it. What a fraud!!! Too late for the Whiner line too. :mad:

In other news.... Coach sounds really high on Lewis. He's brought his name up a bunch when talking about the offense.

Last edited:
This is good news. I was expecting to hear, "I can only talk about the players on our team," or something along those lines. With the exception of Derrick Mason, I can't think of a player BB wanted, but didn't get.

The weird thing was that he said something like that when talking about Jason Taylor.

For those fluent in Belichick speak...

He just basically said "yeah... we are working on a deal, but don't expect it to happen overnight. That's not how it works in the NFL."
I agree completely. He then seemed to change direction a little bit to relate it (these deals involving franchise players taking a long time) to why he did the Cassel deal but I think the he may have orginally been referring to Peppers (in a way that only BB can). That would seem to correspond to the timeline laid out by Carucci (between the league meetings and the draft).

I agree completely. He then seemed to change direction a little bit to relate it (these deals involving franchise players taking a long time) to why he did the Cassel deal but I think the he may have orginally been referring to Peppers (in a way that only BB can). That would seem to correspond to the timeline laid out by Carucci (between the league meetings and the draft).

Seems logical. Pats don't gain anything by rushing this deal through--only us fans do. :)

Looks like we get to wait. JP and the Panthers are the ones who will get more desperate as more time goes by. Of course another team could step up with an offer he can't refuse, but my gut tells me that JP wants to be a Patriot.

One thing BB did bring up was how a player's value is lowered in a trade when he is under contract for one year; he spoke about that mostly in regards to Cassel, but he implied (or maybe came right out and said) the same thing about Peppers. So for those of us that want to speculate, it could be interpeted as a public negotiation to lower Peppers' trade value. And the only reason for him to do that would be if the Pats wanted him; if not, it would be in his best interest to boost Peppers' value up and get another team to overpay for him.

One thing BB did bring up was how a player's value is lowered in a trade when he is under contract for one year; he spoke about that mostly in regards to Cassel, but he implied (or maybe came right out and said) the same thing about Peppers. So for those of us that want to speculate, it could be interpeted as a public negotiation to lower Peppers' trade value. And the only reason for him to do that would be if the Pats wanted him; if not, it would be in his best interest to boost Peppers' value up and get another team to overpay for him.

Yeah, but he was being misleading with this. Having the franchise tag hasn't resulted in deals this low as a rule. Jared Allen is a perfect example. He was trying to avoid the Cassel/Vrabel questions and, when they came up, he went longwinded about tangents rather than dealing with the real questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST