PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Belichick to appear on Thursday's Big Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Steve and Fred were there...the show is just poor with big mouth Schill and Bradford...yuk!!

BB will be on Big Show at 5:10 pm Eastern Time.

I wish Steve and Fred were there...the show is just poor with big mouth Schill and Bradford...yuk!!

I agree. With Schill EVERYTHING is about him. I am only listening because of
Belichick.

BB saying there were no other offers for Cassell...teams saying what they would have done after the fact.

BB saying there were no other offers for Cassell...teams saying what they would have done after the fact.

Ouch! So McDaniels alienated his sensitive, buthurt QB and now is losing him for an offer he never really made in the first place.:rofl:

Peppers ain't comin to NE guys.

BB is tapdancing around answers on the Cassel situation, but he's doing an uncharacteristically poor job of it. On the other hand, he's been much more comfortable and straight forward regarding the Peppers situation.

Belichick sounds like he is going to make a move for Peppers imo.

Ouch! So McDaniels alienated his sensitive, buthurt QB and now is losing him for an offer he never really made in the first place.:rofl:

Well, McDaniels has always maintained that the trade talks were initiated by others. It's just that "Short Bus" Cook wants to get Cutler a bigger contract, so he's making a mess of that situation.

Belichick sounds like he is going to make a move for Peppers imo.

I agree. I'm suprised he is getting into the whole situation as much as he is. And, he actually brought Peppers up in the conversation.

I agree. I'm suprised he is getting into the whole situation as much as he is. And, he actually brought Peppers up in the conversation.

I should have went to the car to listen....What is he saying that makes you or the other poster think he has intrest in Peppers?

I should have went to the car to listen....What is he saying that makes you or the other poster think he has intrest in Peppers?

For those fluent in Belichick speak...

He just basically said "yeah... we are working on a deal, but don't expect it to happen overnight. That's not how it works in the NFL."

Just that Belichick actually brought up the "Peppers rumors". He didn't come out and say that he hasn't been in conversation with Peppers or his agent and he explained how, if they were going to try to to acquire him, how they would do it (meaning how you can make an offer for a franchised player who hasn't signed the tender vs how a player who has signed the tender). Fatboy Ordway didn't follow up enough though.

Just that Belichick actually brought up the "Peppers rumors". He didn't come out and say that he hasn't been in conversation with Peppers or his agent and he explained how, if they were going to try to to acquire him, how they would do it (meaning how you can make an offer for a franchised player who hasn't signed the tender vs how a player who has signed the tender). Fatboy Ordway didn't follow up enough though.

This is good news. I was expecting to hear, "I can only talk about the players on our team," or something along those lines. With the exception of Derrick Mason, I can't think of a player BB wanted, but didn't get.

Fatboy Ordway didn't follow up enough though.

Exactly... Bill was actually talking about it.... Fat O didnt even ask him straight up if he was in talks with him or not! Unreal.

This is good news. I was expecting to hear, "I can only talk about the players on our team," or something along those lines. With the exception of Derrick Mason, I can't think of a player BB wanted, but didn't get.

Exactly. That is what I was expecting. The fact that he didn't respond that way makes me think that there is at least some validitiy to the rumors and that he must be interested. Doesn't mean Peppers is coming to NE, but there's more of a chance than I originally thought.

Lynch the first time around...I am sure there are others we know of and plenty that we never even heard of....Sure we have a winning atmosphere that anyone would want to play for that doesnt mean we always offer the best all around package for a players individual needs whether it is play time, money, or a family situation.

But your point is still valid and I would have expected a genric answer too...will be fun to listen when they post the archive of it. If BB wants Peppers and Peppers wants the Patriots and the Panthers pretty much have to get rid of him than this would seem more than logical.

Last edited:
Exactly... Bill was actually talking about it.... Fat O didnt even ask him straight up if he was in talks with him or not! Unreal.

Ordway started to ask the question, then BB interrupted because he wasn't finished answering the previous question and Ordway moved on to Vrabel and never went back to ask if the Pats had conversations with Peppers. Horrible job by Ordway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back