PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wed before the draft and all is quiet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No moves , no signings... I guess we wait till Sat, till we draft a CB/Saftey

Sean Pa Patriot said:
No moves , no signings... I guess we wait till Sat, till we draft a CB/Saftey

While I'm hopeful they might address some needs via trade, we all know there's no more assurance that players acquired by trade will work out any more than drafted players will.

Most of the guys that other teams are willing to trade usually have some question marks attached to them.

In rare cases, if a team has significant depth it might trade a player with little downside - however those trades are usually expensive (2nd rounders) and even players traded for 3rd round picks aren't locks to contribute.

If the Pats have signings to announce they'll wait as long as possible, so the impact screws up other teams' draft boards.

I have to say I am still surprised Law is unsigned!

Not that I believe he will sign with us. But I figure after the draft the market for him will be even smaller (I think anyway).

Right now, does anyone have any idea where he might be headed?

I don't even think he is making any more visits!

I need some real action........ am numb from the speculation and mocked out of my mind........ :confused:

Actually there is much going on...a lot of maneuvers and a lot of smoke...I agree trades and signings will wait..tipping the hand now is not the best. Will they move up to 13 and if they do who will that be for?? And what about other picks...and heading off other teams if there is a player to take?? And I am sure there are UDFAs they are trying to line up as well IF not drafted. There is NO quiet at all in Fioxboro.

sarge said:
I have to say I am still surprised Law is unsigned!

Not that I believe he will sign with us. But I figure after the draft the market for him will be even smaller (I think anyway).

Right now, does anyone have any idea where he might be headed?

I don't even think he is making any more visits!

Who's to say that he isn't signed? Maybe the quiet is because a deal's already done but the Pats are pulling a "reverse Favre" and not allowing Law and Poston to announce it until the team says it's OK! Wait for the perfect time and then announce it when it screws everybody's draft board up to the Pats advantage somehow. Are we really that devious?!?! :rolleyes: :D

edzo44 said:
Who's to say that he isn't signed? Maybe the quiet is because a deal's already done but the Pats are pulling a "reverse Favre" and not allowing Law and Poston to announce it until the team says it's OK! Wait for the perfect time and then announce it when it screws everybody's draft board up to the Pats advantage somehow. Are we really that devious?!?! :rolleyes: :D
What would be the point? So that everyone will know we won't take a corner in the draft? Signing an old CB to a short term deal will not prevent BB from taking a corner is value is there. How much has our draft board changed now that Chicago has traded for a safety, or Culpepper and Harrington are/will be Dolphins? Will our draft board change now that the Steelers re-signed Mike Logan or the Colts have signed whoever they signed?

I can see not bringing in an under the radar guy like Mankins for a visit so that other teams don't perk up (though BB worked him out in Fresno), but who cares what FAs other teams sign?

Why get a DB really early maybe later in the first day but we actually are getting depth in it. We signed Chad Scott, Tebucky, and Eric Warfield as veterans for their positions. Hawkins we got back for Safety or Corner, and we know that we have the younger guys, Hobbs, Gay, Sanders, Guss Scott. And in the middle are Samuel and Wilson. Hopefully we dont get the cornerback curse in which we end up digging down to the last man in the Depth Chart and making him a starter. That didnt turn out too bad with Hobbs though, pretty good actually. There are other positions we need to worry about in the draft such as WR, and getting some young RB's and LB's.

6 CB's and you can bet there will be more, and 4 Safetys though I guess Hawkins can play that too. We will get a few DBs in the draft but there no need to get one right off the bat in the first round looking at the other positions we have gaps in.

Frankly I'm looking forward to Sunday evening when I can think about who the Patriots actually took instead of who they might take.

edzo44 said:

The other alternative is that BB waits just to F with the media. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes