PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watson's rush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I read that Watson rushed the ball for 11 yards. Was that a broken play? A reverse? Was he lined up in the backfield at the snap? At fullback? In short, WHAT THE F HAPPENED?! ;)

I read that Watson rushed the ball for 11 yards. Was that a broken play? A reverse? Was he lined up in the backfield at the snap? At fullback? In short, WHAT THE F HAPPENED?! ;)

It was a reverse. I can't give you much more than that, but it was surprising as hell to see him run it.

It was a pretty nice play at that...

Wasn't a reverse, it was an end around.

I actually really liked the play a lot. With Watson coming around making a tighter circle from his spot tight in with the line, the play developed a lot faster than most end-arounds, and wouldn't have surrendered as many yards on a busted play.

Meanwhile, with Watson's rare combo of speed and power, you're still getting the ball to a guy who can get back across the LOS in a hurry, and then bowl through a couple tackles.

It's kind of like a man's end-around.

Wasn't a reverse, it was an end around.

I actually really liked the play a lot. With Watson coming around making a tighter circle from his spot tight in with the line, the play developed a lot faster than most end-arounds, and wouldn't have surrendered as many yards on a busted play.

Meanwhile, with Watson's rare combo of speed and power, you're still getting the ball to a guy who can get back across the LOS in a hurry, and then bowl through a couple tackles.

It's kind of like a man's end-around.

What he said. I want to see Watson's athleticism used more.

And compliments on your new set of hands, Ben.:D

What he said. I want to see Watson's athleticism used more.

And compliments on your new set of hands, Ben.:D

Guess he has stepped it up a bit, and lost his "dropsies"... he is getting close to his contract year and it shows.

More of these end arounds and Watson will be the new Westbrook! :D

It was a great play and Watson ran it well. They need to run that again sometime because I think Ben could take that all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back