PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Kraft on the Egg Nog Last Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it hard to believe that so many ppl could fall under the idea that a man as incredibly intelligent and successful as Kraft is, at literally everything he does, is a lush.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and thank you all for the correction.

But if I were right, that still wouldn't make him a lush.

You guys are off on this one. He is like that in the morning, too. It's just his voice and speech patterns that make him sound like that, not booze.

By the way -- when have you been so fortunate as to spend mornings with Robert Kraft?

By the way -- when have you been so fortunate as to spend mornings with Robert Kraft?

At events related to a charity we're both involved in. I've written about it before on the site a long time ago.

I find it really funny, actually really pathetic, that every time R. Kraft is seen on T.V. someone makes a post about the man being drunk. It's been going on for years now, and it's sad. That man sounds like that every damn time he speaks.

I just find it hard to believe that so many ppl could fall under the idea that a man as incredibly intelligent and successful as Kraft is, at literally everything he does, is a lush. It's sad, and puts the wrong image into the uninformed persons mind.

I detected a little too much egg nog from Mr. Kraft last night.

Kind of hard to tell because he tends to speak in a long drawn out manner anyways.

There's nothing derogatory there and
I NEVER SAID DRUNK HOLY ROLLER MAN.
Being lit is far from being drunk ... it's being a bit :D happy.:D
istockphoto_432737_nun_series_the_lecture.jpg

Last edited:
That's just the way he speaks. He's like that when stone sober.

I agree PJ! He does always speak like that and he also tends to make the viewer uncomfortable too. In a pre-game interview with Deion, Kraft looked like he went to hug him after Deion said "Have a blessed New Year". It just looked awkward to me.

The net/net is that Mr Kraft is not a PR man. Most of us would make people uncomfortable if we were interviewed on national television as well. I have the highest respect for Robert Kraft. He's done nothing but good for the Patriots organization and for their fans.

Last edited:
drunk or not, the guy has saved the Patriots and is the reason we are where we are today. If i were he, i would have a drink as well when i watched my team. God Bless Kraft.

drunk or not, the guy has saved the Patriots and is the reason we are where we are today. If i were he, i would have a drink as well when i watched my team. God Bless Kraft.

:yeahthat: Drunk or Sober. Matters not to me after what he's done for ALL of us.

I watched him after the game, and what the video doesn't show clearly is that Jonathan Kraft is approaching the stage from behind with a phone in his hand and distracting Robert just as he's explaining the significance of the ball and where it was going. He lost track of his explanation for a moment. He wasn't drunk, and to those who assumed that he had been drinking, that's most likely the act of projection on your part. If you watch the rest of the interview, he sounds fine. He's just a slow talker and always has been.

I watched him after the game, and what the video doesn't show clearly is that Jonathan Kraft is approaching the stage from behind with a phone in his hand and distracting Robert just as he's explaining the significance of the ball and where it was going. He lost track of his explanation for a moment. He wasn't drunk, and to those who assumed that he had been drinking, that's most likely the act of projection on your part. If you watch the rest of the interview, he sounds fine. He's just a slow talker and always has been.

Actually, Robert was waving Jonathan over at the beginning of the film, which is why he was kind of turned around backwards and the set guys were trying to get him to face the camera. Then, as you said, you see Jonathan angling toward the set.

I used to know a guy that had a stutter as a child, one of the side effects of his no longer stuttering after speech therapy was a very slow drawn out speech pattern, which made him seem like he had had a few.

The first time I heard Mr. Kraft speak, I thought he was drunk. Now, almost 15 years later, I've never heard him speak any differently than that first time.

I dunno, during the "Bellichick" chant, Mr. Kraft looked pretty confused. I thought he was drunk, but that does not mean he was. I was pretty lit, and I bet I'd be more lit if I were at the game...so I can't fault the guy. He's a grown man, he's allowed to have a few pops.

Anyone else notice that when the camaera flashed to the booth during the second half, Mr. Kraft was standing at the glass instead of sitting like he usually does? This game was huge for him, and I'm very glad he is the owner of "our" team.

Jonathan! Jonathan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore