PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wake up call for boo birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
p8ryts said:

i would hazard a guess to say that most of the fans in the stands that were boo'ing were fair weather fans...and not the true Pats fans that followed them through the 1-15, 3-13 type seasons.

I was at a sports bar, and most of the people I was watching the game with all had a somewhat disappointed look on their faces when the people started boo-ing.

I wasn't exactly happy that they decided to just run the clock out and get off the field...but I understand that the Patriots need to make some serious adjustments and half time was the best time to do it.

They're big boys. They played like crap and they deserved to be booed. Just like they deserve cheers and accolades when they play well. I wasn't one of them, I was yelling at them in my living room 3,000 miles away. But I had no problem with the booing - it was an acurate statement on how they played in the first half.

People were booing the play calling; even Brady flipped the ball like he was P.O.'d. Boston sports fans boo when they don't like something. They always have and always will. People should stop being so sensitive and get over it. The Pats should be glad they have such passionate fans. They may have booed at one point in the game, but nobody left the stadium and everyone stayed until the end of the game, sat in two+ hours of traffic to get home and will be there next week, sitting in two hours of traffic each way to watch them. I don't know why they'd be wishing for apathy.

PatsDeb said:
People were booing the play calling; even Brady flipped the ball like he was P.O.'d. Boston sports fans boo when they don't like something. They always have and always will. People should stop being so sensitive and get over it. The Pats should be glad they have such passionate fans. They may have booed at one point in the game, but nobody left the stadium and everyone stayed until the end of the game, sat in two+ hours of traffic to get home and will be there next week, sitting in two hours of traffic each way to watch them. I don't know why they'd be wishing for apathy.

I agree with you. Fans booing bad performance is something the players (especially the veteran players) understand. The one I do wish from the fans at the games is a louder response when the opposing offense is on the field. There are other stadiums that put us to shame in this area.

Well, I guess it wasn't a wake up call after all, just a roll over and snooze.

Fans!!!!

FWIW, Yankme fans have always boo'd crappy performances not just PayRod. Cripes, they boo'd Jeter last year. I despise them with every fiber of my sports-being, but if after winning 26 WS their fans still boo them that pretty much takes a winning history off the table.

I'm not a boo'er, more of a sit down and take a drink kind of guy, but to say that anyone who does boo is a fair weather fan is a stretch.

Did I say boo?

And Tavares did suck.

mdhprime said:
I agree with you. Fans booing bad performance is something the players (especially the veteran players) understand. The one I do wish from the fans at the games is a louder response when the opposing offense is on the field. There are other stadiums that put us to shame in this area.

True 'dat! While the stadium design and red seats have been argued ad nauseum, the fact remains that a lot of fans just don't seem to get into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft