PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Videos of Patriots Prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks better here than against Ohio State, which makes sense since he dislocated his knee in that game and played through severe pain for the next several games. He needs to get stronger when run at directly, but he looked much better dropping into coverage than most DEs ever will. His athleticism is apparent as well, although he only got to the QB once. Seems to play better in a two-point stance overall, and is better as a pursuit player than a powerful, set-the-edge sort of guy. I do like how he plays his assignments, though.

In my mind, he's the ideal mid-late round gamble. Athletically, he's almost an exact copy of Ware.

Height: 6040
Weight: 251
40 Yrd Dash: 4.56
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 6.85

Height: 6037
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 6.84

Nzegwu is a whopping 1/8th of an inch shorter. He is not as strong in the upper body as Ware, but his explosion numbers are better across the board. He's quicker over short distances, too, even though Ware has an insane burst at the end of his 40. A year in a pro strength and conditioning program, combined with better instruction on pass-rushing, could turn him into a real terror off the edge. I think he can easily replace what Mark Anderson gave us, and in time could mature into a three-down player.

If we draft him and Adrian Hamilton, we could have some absolute gems in a year or two.

Looks better here than against Ohio State, which makes sense since he dislocated his knee in that game and played through severe pain for the next several games. He needs to get stronger when run at directly, but he looked much better dropping into coverage than most DEs ever will. His athleticism is apparent as well, although he only got to the QB once. Seems to play better in a two-point stance overall, and is better as a pursuit player than a powerful, set-the-edge sort of guy. I do like how he plays his assignments, though.

In my mind, he's the ideal mid-late round gamble. Athletically, he's almost an exact copy of Ware.

Height: 6040
Weight: 251
40 Yrd Dash: 4.56
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 38 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 6.85

Height: 6037
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.32
3-Cone Drill: 6.84

Nzegwu is a whopping 1/8th of an inch shorter. He is not as strong in the upper body as Ware, but his explosion numbers are better across the board. He's quicker over short distances, too, even though Ware has an insane burst at the end of his 40. A year in a pro strength and conditioning program, combined with better instruction on pass-rushing, could turn him into a real terror off the edge. I think he can easily replace what Mark Anderson gave us, and in time could mature into a three-down player.

If we draft him and Adrian Hamilton, we could have some absolute gems in a year or two.

Yeah. Looks like more of a run stuffing 34 OLB. I hope he is there as a UDFA.

Making one more Whitney Mericulus video vs Ohio State.

I don't know what happened with your videos lately, but the past three or four have all been sped up. Any ideas why that happened? It's a little disorienting to watch the games in fast-motion.

Appreciate your work, though. I know you put a lot of effort into these videos. Thank you! :cool:

I don't know what happened with your videos lately, but the past three or four have all been sped up. Any ideas why that happened? It's a little disorienting to watch the games in fast-motion.

Appreciate your work, though. I know you put a lot of effort into these videos. Thank you! :cool:

Yeah kinda weird.

See, I used to 2x the game (increase the speed) so it would only take 1-2 hrs to work on them instead of 2-4 hours. When I was done with them, I would return them to normal speed. But the audio and video would not synch. Video would be slow and the audio would be fine.
I decided to 1.4X them. Hmmm...I should push it down to 1.3x then.

I don't know what's wrong w. windows movie maker. That process worked fine on my old laptop. And the new one I'm using right now, some reason, when I do that, it screws it up.

Gah.

Wow! Somehow I missed watching this game earlier in the year. What an incredible display of versatility. Good in coverage, decent against the run, and definitely relentless when rushing. He may be the most NE-specific, pro-ready LB in the draft. I do think he needs some more work with a strength and conditioning coach. His explosion numbers could be higher--the 31 inch vertical is a little depressing to see. With some work, though, there's no reason to think he can't provide excellent, four-down playing time.

I'd draft him from 48 onward, although if BB is really comfortable with him, I wouldn't complain too much about pick 31. I wasn't as impressed when I saw him against Georgia, but he improved immensely over the course of the year. Great player.

Fletcher Cox vs Alabama 2011 - YouTube

Fletcher Cox is head and shoulders better than Devon Still and Jerel Worthy. Both the Big Ten guys look like second-rounders. Still has the size that might propel him into the late first.

But watching Cox makes me think we could give up both our firsts if he drops below 11, which I seriously doubt. What a stud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call